The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Maltese Reefer
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hy there everyone! I now have an extra empty 75 gallon tank besides my 75 reef. I have been throwing around ideas on what to do with it, I almost did a lot of things with it. I did not want to mess with another 75 salt water tank, but now I have changed my mind (duh) hehe..:D Anyway, I guess I am going to get some seahorses from oceanrider. My question is would a remorah be ok for this setup. I have a remorah pro on my 75 reef and love it, but I can't spring the extra 50 bucks for the pro model right now. I have read that the regular remorah is rated to 75 gallons, and I figured that if it wasn't going to be a reef it would be allright. Opinions?
Also on sand,I love the look of that black tahitian moon sand, but cannot afford 180 pounds of it to get a four inch deep cand bed. Is there anywhere to get it cheaper. I have a small tank that has been running for a year with regular play sand with no problems so I may just go with that, as I cannot afford aragonite either. A deep sand bed would still be ideal even for a SO (seahorse only:D) tank wouldn't it? Maybe I could do with less.
Anyway thanks for reading this far!:beer:
I also see a lot of new faces here since the last time I went on a posting frenzy, HELLO ALL!!

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
I would recomend getting regular sand for the bottom of the tank and get a bag or 2 of the black sand to put it on the top. I would also recomend saving for the pro model, but the other would prob work. HTH

Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts