The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have researched all over the internet on how to or others have their Powerheads or returns setup in their tanks (90gal espically). I have not been able to locate any information that is benifical to my cause.

My tank is a 90gal and has a AGA mega overflow that is 1/3 the way to the left side. Only using the overflow part not the return for i have a rio 26hf pumping to split returns one either side of my tank. I have 3 300gph PH one on the left back/high, center back/high and right back/high all including the return lines pointing to the front of the tank. I then have a Penguin 1140 hiding behind my rock to blow along the back bottom.

I feel that this is not enough and either need to add more or redesign how they are pointed? Can anyone give me some ideas as to how the PH's and returns should be pointed!

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
You just have to play around with it and get it to how you like it. On my 75 I have both of my tunzes in the back corners facing the center glass and the return pointed at the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your return blow the sand around or it is pointed at a rock below?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 29gal sump/refug. The returns are used for surface irritation and the PH's are used for flow.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I have a 150 gallon with 3 PH one one each end and one in the middle. It really up to you.
patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts