The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay since I really want this to have some corals and clams this is the new list. Let me know. Hated to nix the puffer but seemed the best thing to do. It wouldn't let me copy pics of the fish.

Cuban Hogfish

(Bodianus pulchellus) - Medium: 2½”-4”

$68.99 $68.99

Fiji Bicolor Foxface

(Lo uspae) - Small : 2.5"- 4"

$49.99 $49.99

Yellow Eye Tang

(Ctenochaetus strigosus) - Medium: 2½”-3½“

$30.99 $30.99

Big-eye Soldierfish

(Myripristis vittata) - Medium: 2”-4”

$21.99 $87.96

Powder Brown Tang

(Acanthurus japonicus) - Small: 2”-3”

$42.99 $42.99

Volitans Lionfish

(Pterois volitans) - Medium: 3”-5”

$35.99 $35.99

Subtotal: $316.91

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Just try to split them up in two groups, I would not add 6 fish at once, probably 3-4 only.

Don't know anything about the hogfish or soldierfish.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump. Come on guys I need to know if this will work will lps and clams.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
How big do those guys get full grown Jena?
I don't know about the hog fish and soldier fish but the rest should be fine with corals

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some are in the 4-5 inch and some are 7 inches. The lion is he biggest. Doubt I will get all of them just want to know my options within these fish.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe the hogfish will be okay but it might attack some small shrimp and maybe even hermits. you might want to keep an eye on him. The solider will be fine for awhile. When he gets bigger he may become beligerent toward the other fish and may stress out the other tank inhabitants. See if you can find this book in your dealers store or online it's called reef fish. It only has reef safe fish or simi safe reef fish. It has a lot of fish in that book. I think it has over 500 fish.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Hi Jena nice list! I had a yellow eye tang and loved him. He was very shy at first but after a cpl of weeks was always out. We named him lawn mower all he did was eat algae all day!

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's one that is a definate. I really love the color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts