The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello reefers,
I have a 75g tank a wet/dry with skimmer and the wet dry is attached with a external over flow and pumped backed to tank with a aqua clear cap-2200(about 850gph). On advice from TRT I stopped buying fish and added 64 pounds or live rock and going to add about 22 pounds more.I have 1 blue damsel ,1 royal gramma ,1 clown fish with anemone and a short spind urchin,pink in color, and alot of weird snails that come out at night. My tank is 6months old and less than 2ppm nitrates. Iam still getting algea blooms but want to stop hair algea and other forms before there is to much for a clean up crew to handle. I want to set up a 10g refugim under tank with plants and dsb to control nitrates and phosphates. I have a spare 10 g tank I want to use. Any advice on set up?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
split your drain line into the wet dry. you'll have smaller line going to the ref, and the main line going to the wet dry.

the line going to the ref, should havea ball valve so you can control the flow going into it.

then you will want to have the ref overflow into the wetdry.

or you can put the ref above the tank and have small pump going into it, and have it overflow back to the main tank.

either way will work.
make sense?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.