The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I found a tank--75 gallon--and I am just wondering what you all feel a used 75 gallon with stand is worth?*it is also 2.5 hrs away. The guy is willing to trade somethings...like my ps2 and some games for it, but is unable to meet half way.(he wanted 200 for it) i am adding some pictures so you can help me out. thanks.
(OH--I need a bigger tank, because my 47gallon is over 30"deep...and is impossible, I have too much rock for the tank-and DO NOT want to get rid of my rock) there are pictures of my tank in my album, so you can see why it is such a pain! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH

·
originally original
975 Posts
An undrilled 75 is worth $100, and the stand maybe....

not a bad deal, but not a steal either.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the stand isnt the prettiest thing i've ever seen...but i cannot afford a stand right now... and the drive is long...idk if it is worth it...but i need something that someone will trade for

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
depends on the age and condition of the tank. Are there scratches on the glass? The stand looks like it needs to be refinished. It's also a standard stand and not custom. The tank is not drilled either. Personally I don't think it's a good deal. Maybe $100

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
price is looking better with gas going down

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
depends on the age and condition of the tank. Are there scratches on the glass? The stand looks like it needs to be refinished. It's also a standard stand and not custom. The tank is not drilled either. Personally I don't think it's a good deal. Maybe $100
agreed
$200 seems a bit steep
I think I just saw a complete 75 setup at the LFS for $275
stand/tank/lights/hood
(true, it's not the lights you want for a reef, but still, just throwing it out there)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see..i was thinking it might be a bit much too...i just dont know where else i can get someone to trade for a ps2

·
Registered
355 Posts
the glass cross braces will pose problems for your lighting imo.
may be worth it if tank is in excellent cond.
ask santa if a new one would fit down the chimney for a fresh start.
fresh starts always carry much much less buyers remorse.

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
I bought a used 75 gal with decent wood stand stand and cheap strip light for $80 - no scratches on the glass, has a support bar across the center on the top, holds water; I got it for my Bearded dragons. Compared to prices in the Trader paper in the Indpls area, $200 is too high. jmho

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i actually looked at those too...lol. i emailed the one and was wondering about the one with the burn mark...

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
i actually looked at those too...lol. i emailed the one and was wondering about the one with the burn mark...
you can get a new top brace from AGA for under $50 if that helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts