The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got a beautiful orange monti digi. it fell over so when I was trying to put it back I kind of broke off a branch or two. I'm home alone right now so in my panic I decided the best way to approach this was to super glue them back on. Let me tell you the super glued on branches look really great! (not so much) will the coral just grow over the super glue or did I go about this in a totaly bad way?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fsuraven said:
Now you have 3!
Ummm yea, no. I was trying to cover my tracks so my husband wouldnt see what i did but you can obviously see the glue so that's out the window

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It probably won't hurt the coral and after a month or two the flesh might grow over the glued area reinforcing it a bit. One thing to note about gel glues, eventually they get old and brittle and will break off on their own. At that time if you want whatever you had in that spot there once more, you just glue it back. I am guessing this might be a problem later on.

You might just bite the bullet and putty them on a small rock and enjoy your new frag(s).

-K

·
11,345 Posts
Its actually a good thing to glue over the spots on the coral that vroke off regardless of whether you try to glue other piece3s there or not. It acts like kind of a band aid......i learned that a few months ago and now i hit all open wounds with a drop or two, whether it be from fragging or accidents.......i have had positive results doing so.

It might not look so hot at the moment but it will look better in time......... but its not a bad thing and like said before...now you have 3

·
11,345 Posts
It could........What i have done in the past when accidentally breaking sps instead of trying to get them to grow back together as they were, which is less likely than more,(at l;east in my experience) i will just put them all on the same rock......makes it appear like a little colony.....

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just worried about when my husband gets home. I was hoping I could tell him not to worry cuz it'll grow back together

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I think you've done your best to fix what was obviously an accident. Hard to say if it will grow back together, but it is certainly feasible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts