The Reef Tank banner

Ooooooow, Thursday already

592 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Doug1 
#1 ·
:unsure: :)......SO HAPPY THURSDAY TO YA!

For a work week, not bad......busy.....project boats.....so/so weather.....still not bad.(y)

Coffee is up, and do to an urging from my lovely Wife at the store last night, more Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts......got a growing inventory of the Cherry and Strawberry ones.....make an offer, they're yours!

Heading to the upper 70's with a fair chance of rain.....tomorrow upper 90's....bouncy bouncy.....

Let's hope if you don't see it, grooviness will leave you hints, and clues....
Hack

#2 ·
Mornin Hack. A hot one here too. I expect about the same as yesterday. We are in the fun part of house hunting narrowing down ideas of what we really want. It changes daily. So far the only real deal breakers would be no garage or barn. The one place has a few out buildings including chicken coops and what used to be a blacksmith's shop. Now THAT would be cool. We are going to look at a couple this weekend, one is 10 acres and used to be a horse farm but is badly strewn with scrap equipment now. Would be a huge clean up. Great property though and could be rented to a local farmer to work field crops. We will see. The real estate lady comes tonight to look at our place and see what it should be worth.

#9 ·
Good afternoon everyone! Sorry to be so late and chiming in today! I had an early morning Civitan meeting for the first time since the pandemic started. More about that later.

Hack - I am so jealous about your temps in the 70s! I’m sure that makes your outside work so much better for you. It being Thursday, that means it’s almost weekend. Do you get Saturday off again this weekend?

Oh boyyyy! That does sound like a fun thing for you and your wife to be doing, planning, dreaming. Really looking forward to hearing your progress every day!

Perry, that sounds like a lot of fun for you! Have you showed us a photo of your new car yet?

Vinnie - i’m sorry that you had to make that decision about your bike. 😟 But it sounds like the best decision, and only you can make it.

Jeff - Thanks for the detail about the installation 🤪 of your new spinal stimulation yesterday. My day got away from me and I didn’t get a chance to comment. It is great to hear about how it’s doing today. Yeah I think it’s a good idea not to do the same level of over-the-top work outside as you usually do. And I figure it’s hard for you NOT to do all that much work.

This morning I got a surprise at my Civitan meeting. I was given a pin commemorating the 30 years I have been with Civitan International! I was not expecting that at all. We restaurant called Eggs Up for our meeting this morning. I was really tempted to get a huge breakfast, but what I got instead was a huge Belgian waffle that had nanners, strawberries and blueberries on it. Yummm! Our speaker today was our new city mayor, and he was great.

Big storm going on right now. Over and out.

#3 ·
Good Morning,

Another hot one, but 91 is a lot better than 97.

Got 100 pages of documentation and install instructions printed for my full on Crutchfield stereo and six speakers. The other bling comes today. My Amazon guy is having to really work it at our place this week.

Enjoy the day everyone!

#4 ·
Good morning all,

hot here also, but for us it’s normal this time of year. Time to get my ditch behind the fence clears before storm season.
Should be getting our new transfer switch here soon to hook up generator. I have a Manuel one but I want to go auto. Not have to deal with going outside a pulling a level.
The time has come to sell my bike. It’s hard to do but with my loss of weight and not so flexible especially in my neck. It’s time. I always thought I would ride forever.
just the normal fry stuff here as usual today.

#6 ·
Believe me, it’s was hard and I been putting it off, Kristine has asked me to sell it for the last year. She didn’t push or anything, I think she was surprised when I told her I was going to sell. She never was against me riding and even went a bought me my white 2013 road king classic.

#7 ·
Morning All, 50ish here, overcast and heading to mid 60s. Not normal middle of june weather. Yesterday weather was good, rest of the day kinda fell apart but Oh Well.
Last shift I think for the week. Paying bills and such will be on agenda, otherwise I dont know.
Vinny bummer on hangin up the leathers :( At today fuel prices I have thought about getting a smaller bike, no more than 500cc but when they are for sale, OMG, they are all gold plated or so owners think.
Good Luck with the house appraisal and property search Rick. Be careful Hack. Sounds like a fun project to add tunes to car Perry

#8 ·
Morning all,
Add me to the list of tropical temps. Think it is easing off but today will still be in the 90’s.

Doing fine post -new spinal stimulator install/swap, still hard to wrap my head around “ don’t feel the shocks “ of the new one. Old one was “buzzzz/zap” to know it was on/working . The rep had the zap part on during initial set up to show me/tell her how much and where the coverage was, then turned that part off. Also mind blown that my remote is a actual iPad ( small like a baby iPhone ) “can” do or use it as a iPad ,, but only gonna have the remote part as it’s inventory. Have plenty of other devices here to pile that stuff on, heheheh.

other than the usual daily chores so far, dunno what the rest of the day will be like for me. Of course holding back of “glistening”( more like open faucet type sweating 🙄😂) efforts for a bit. Would like the incision to heal up along with not wanting to glisten up the bandage ,,,, it’ll be a week before the follow up doc visit and they remove stitches/ditch the bandage.

On to what the day offers,,

Hope everyone had a great one !👍🏼

#10 ·
Afternoon all,

Congrats on the 30 yr pin Cath ( very proud of ya😍)
Not many folks put in that kinda time with those kinds of organizations, they need dedicated people like you 👍🏼.

Since I’m on “light duty”, been trying to conform,,, so far so good 🙄. Nothing effort involved.

Ran over to the next town to get antibiotic script filled for yesterday’s opening me up stimulator replacement. Surgery center called to see how I was doing , told em I was fine as frog’s hair 👍🏼. Just gotta take it easy with incision site and to let the device’s leads “set” ( more like scar tissue to form a “pocket” around the works like it did with the previous one) for a bit.
Read up on my new “stim” and still blown away how it works and that it does so without “zappin’ “ me.

Ordered a new 18v cordless angle grinder,, have a more than suitable Metabo corded grinder that has done me well for mucho years, but just been got me pondering the last few times I used it,, and how not being tethered by a ext. cord would be nice on “remote “ work sites. Age has its privileges, and ok with getting the bigger/better one,,I “earned” it , heheh. Got turned on to using one with a “death wheel” ( cut off wheel) instead of a cutting torch or heaven forbid a old school hacksaw at work. Cordless is just a step up progression.

Since Molly the Catalina Macaw feels the need to be a ornery 1 yr old perpetual 2year old acting human type in feathers, I’m always having to “Molly proof”
stuff like her food/water dishes from getting “displaced”🥴😡😩 from their holders ( even tho the dishes and holders are designed to contain them,,,a wily parrot or macaw feels the need to test em out) along with her “forage feeder”( acrylic round compartmented fixture with rotating cover to entice a bird to rotate to extract a piece of food) attached to the cage side. Already have improved on the design by bolting the device to its “stays on cage wall “ base ( Molly had learned to undo it and drop the wheel to the cage floor 😩😵‍💫🥴) Now she has been yanking the entire thing off the cage( originally held on by a big plastic “nut” . Fabbed up metal bolts and wing nuts to hold it now,,,, “impossible “ to remove by avian toddlers? I’d like to think so,,, but I know better than say its “100% Molly Proof” 🤔🙏🤷🏻‍♂️🙄. IF it stops her,,, that’ll just mean she will find something else to rattle MY cage on her being onery.

Enuf
Yammering ,,,
Sorry.

Carry on TRTrs👍🏼

#12 ·
Cath my car is incredibly boring. The stereo and creature comforts are stealth.

Still dealing with a few admin things to close out this claim. Lots of people are involved The deer unfortunately expired

Reactions: cath
#14 · (Edited)
Doug - Do you have a day off tomorrow? If so I hope you get to do something good for yourself!

Oh, Jeff - That Molly sure sounds like a two-year-old kid that throws a spoon on the floor and a parent picks it up and puts it on the high chair only for it to be thrown on the floor again and repeat and repeat. 😝

Thanks for your comments about my 30 year pin. That means a great deal to me.

Boy Howdy did we get a good rain this afternoon, complete with moderately high winds in this area and worse than that in other areas nearby. We really needed the rain!

The movie that we watched outside on Tuesday night was Queen Bees with Jane Curtain, Ann-Marie, and James Caan, who I didn’t recognize. I thought it was laugh out loud funny!

Everyone pull the groovy stop open and have a good evening!

#15 ·
Welcome to the night time!:cool:

Hi Cath......and indeed a huge kudos on your recognition!
Nose Smile Facial expression Vertebrate Cartoon

We don't do it for the 'recognition', BUT it is sure nice to hear when folks realize what you've been doing.....and points it out to others.

We had a morning full of passing thunder storms, and the afternoon cleared up so we could see the wind. No frog stranglers, but the frogs had on PFDs😁

Opted to head the the boss off at the pass, and told him I was 'available' for Saturday.......told him 'I didn't want him to fret over the asking'.......may have tilted the hand towards another 2 day weekend, but there's a WHOLE DAY BEFORE THAT so we'll see.

Sure hope something nice abounds for All,
Hack

#17 ·
Evening all, back from town, trying to throw something together for dinner and relax. I do need to go out and weed eat around the areas the tractor couldn't get. But may hold off till tomorrow if rain isn't to heavy. Yes I have fri and sat off so I am trying to get stuff done so I dont have to do it when its nice, someday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.