The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, we were lucky enough to come across some tank-raised black ocellaris while at MACNA. Even though they were pricy (by my cheap standards), they were still a steal, compared to what they go for regularly.

The pics don't do them justice, as they were too wriggly to really capture. The are in a 29 that we've had set up for a year and a half as a Banggai tank. Tankmates include a pair of Banggais, a cleaner and a peppermint, some assorted snails and a few hermits.

These guys are about 9 months old, and about an inch long. They were a cinnamon-brown color at birth, and will completely blacken over time. Their little orange noses are just adorable.

I don't usually buy reef inhabitants for their "cute-factor."

This was an exception.

Attachments

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
They are so cute!!! I'm jealous....almost bought a pair when I got my orange percs, but didn't want to pay the asking price... (I can be pretty cheap too...)

I am so jealous.

J.

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These guys won't leave each other's sides, so I'm thinking that they're on the way to being a mated pair. :) I'm thinking about trying to raise the fry, should the inevitable happen once they grow up. ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
OHhhhhhh and Ahhhhhh...they really are beautiful!

Synchronized swimmers at their best :)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
heh! Persistence pays off!

Really beautiful, so glad to see you were able to get them (seller) to give up a pair!

Really beautiful, I would definitely be interested in some of the brood!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
They are little beauties, Danielle! There isn't much cuter than little clownfish. :)

·
Administrator
47,668 Posts
Very nice score you too, hopefully they get thru teens and into breeding age, successfully :D

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Danielle beautiful pair of clowns!

I was going to say put me first on the waiting list for the youngun's if they breed and looks like Tom beat me to it!!:funny:

·
Registered
81 Posts
what would be a good price for these, my lfs just go a pair of tank raised @54.00 each and a pair of caught at 40.00 each

1 - 14 of 14 Posts