The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one more skimmer questions regarding brands. I'm looking at the Coralife super skimmer 125 and the ASM G2. The ASM is more expensive, but is it worth the difference in price. Other people have recommended the Pacific Coast Octopus skimmer also. Any thoughts on which of the three is better. I would like to stay in the $200 dollar range if possible. Thanks.

Chad

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
The pacific coast octupus is cheaper then the asm (most of the ones ive seen anyway) and it works better too. But if money is a concern i would go with the coralife super skimmer, they are cheap and work pretty darn good. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would stick with the ASM skimmer. You get alot of skimmer for your buck with them.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
BGJ223 said:
I would stick with the ASM skimmer. You get alot of skimmer for your buck with them.
Hey we agree yahoo:banana: :funny: :dance: :beer:

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
I also would go with the ASM. I had a Euroreef and they are the same design. The ASK is made of extruded acrylic and the Euro is cast. Thats pretty much the real differece. The Euro was a great skimmer so ASM for sure! Spend the money on a reputable skimmer now so you dont have to do it later. Ive heard happy people with the Coralife too but I gotta go with what I know:agree:

Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts