The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove them to a ballgame two days ago and didn't even know they were there. Now I can't use my truck til they're gone.:)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
I bet you got an earfull from their mother when you got back for not letting her know you were taking them to the game with you....

I can just imagine the look on her face...

**Ya know, I swore I built the house here... where the heck did it go??**

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have hit a few birds in my lifetime, but i have NEVER been able to hit them while they were still in their nest! ;)

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
That's wild! What kind of birds are they?

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alice said:
That's wild! What kind of birds are they?
Carolina Wren They're cute little birds. We've had them nest in our garage in the past and in planter boxes on our deck. They seem to feel right at home around people.

·
Super Moderator
27,687 Posts
Awww..that's a good story, Rick :) You're right about Carolina Wrens. Their peeping sound is so cheerful.

·
Administrator
47,640 Posts
OMG now the J crowd or the CLR bunch will one up with the pics. Glad I am am almost out in the desert ;)

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the Mom is staying close by and is bringing food to them. I could only see two in the nest but I couldn't see all the way down inside. From what I've read it'll be about two weeks.

I'll have to have the truck on July 9 so I hope they grow fast.:)

·
Registered
852 Posts
That is really cool :) I spent half my life in our old place trying to keep robins from nesting in my porch, but at least I could get where I wanted to go :funny:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rick,
My office is in the basement and since that's also "Hercules's Dane" (Dogue De Bordeaux), so nobody but me usually go down there :D

Couple of years ago, I broke both of my elbows during a Mountain Bike accident. So, for almost 3 weeks, I didn't even go down there to see Hercules (My Wife was taking care of him and she was not going as far as my office).

Anyway, long story short, my network is in the basement and during a troubleshooting, I went to basement when I discovered a nest with 4 chicks on my chair. Their beaks were all wide open!! I think you can kinda imagine how that felt. Anyway, observed them and did not touch the nest. Mom had a easy access via Hercules's door. What amazing was, they were just a second away from Hercules (he could easily gulp them if he wanted) but they were not even bothered for a second. They grew up and left my chair one day. I hope they are happy out there. But I still worry about them time to time thinking if they made it ok. The day they flew away, it was raining a little. But something tells me, they are just fine.

Please let us know how your experience goes...

Regards,

Intekhab

1 - 20 of 23 Posts