The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a coral beauty angel and wondering if I can add a different type of dwarf angel? I have read and some say no and some say yes with caution. Any opinions/experience with this?

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
First off what size tank are you looking to try this in. Unless it is big( like 5') it i really iffy.
Personally I wouldn't try it in less than a 4 foot tank and even then i would get 2 small ones at the same time. Good luck

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
I agree, it most likely wouldn’t work (or wouldn’t work for very long). I personally wouldn’t try it unless I had something like a 240 (and even then maybe not - my dwarf angel was a monster to other types of fish, I’d hate to know what he would’ve done to another angel...).

·
Administrator
19,918 Posts
DISCLAIMER.....This is not from personal experience, just a LOT of research from when I got our Half Black angel fish some 3 years or so ago. Dwarf Angels just do not play well with other Dwarf angels, or anything shaped like them. Exceptions are a known mated pair in a large tank, AND an exception to this exception is a Half Black and an Eblis Angel fish as they are a morph of the same species. Our Half Black angel fish has been a polite and gentle model citizen in our reef tank. BUT I have heeded the advice I have read and never tried a second one. All the best,
Hack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.