The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got some food and a tall boy at the local gas dive. The total was 2.76. I put down three bucks and a penny and of course it started something. I was told by the cashier it was only 2.76 then a manager came in saying how good at math he was. They both insisted the penny was not needed.

I got my two dimes and four pennies and just left in amazement.

No **** idea why I posted this. The four pennies are in the little tray by the register.

For lack of a quarter I won't be back.

Is this the weirdest post ever?

·
Super Moderator
27,055 Posts
Wow! what a story, Perry. That is just plain weird. :nuts:

·
Registered
396 Posts
lol almost like when i went to buy a pack of smokes a few years back(ive been smoke free for almost 1.5 years now)... i was born in 1983 and the year was 2003.... needless to say the cashier who carded me needed to go get someone from the back to do the math:confused:... go figure:eek:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i stopped at a gas station on the way to a friends house, im not a beer drinker, but he asked if i could stop and grab him a 6 pack, i stop at a store and grab the beer, set it on the counter, the lady totals it up, and says 6.83 (or what ever it was) and i told her i also need a pack of cigaretts, then she replies, "well im gonna have to see some id" i was real tempted to say, "oh well.... nevermind on the cigarettes, ill just take the beer" but i just shook my head and showed her the license, really wish there was a law against idiots breeding.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing in life will ever surprise me. Glad I travel with brothers and sisters that are not surprised either.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Darwin award material...

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
all's I have to say is good thing your not a cop.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
After that clerk makes change like that all day, I'd like to watch them trying to balance that register at the end of the shift!!!:doh:

Dick:)

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
funi42 said:
lol almost like when i went to buy a pack of smokes a few years back(ive been smoke free for almost 1.5 years now)... i was born in 1983 and the year was 2003.... needless to say the cashier who carded me needed to go get someone from the back to do the math:confused:... go figure:eek:

Funny stuff here.

Congrats Funi42 on being smoke free , Been just over a year for me.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
the lunch Ladies in the school Cafeteria try to jip me of my quater change at least once a week. You got to watch out for those lunch Ladies...

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
VWD said:
I have not been asked for Id in years, That really bugs me. LOL
Well when i was playing Nacho Man (remember that avatar?) i was asking for everyones ID that day.:funny: :funny: :funny: Ok you look to be 50 and over but i still need to see some ID:beer: :rotflmao:

Tim

·
Retired Wanderer
17,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am 43 today and get carded all the time. Guess for girls it is flattery and for guys it means a trip to the car to get the wallet out.

What was this thread about...never mind I started it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
VWD said:
Congrats Funi42 on being smoke free , Been just over a year for me.
same to you! only time i still get cravings is when im :beer: :beer: :beer: but then i just take another swig and try to forget about it:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts