The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my "Castle Under The Sea"...a work in progress! The bush by the front door needs to be replanted elsewhere. Anyone with extra GSP? I need to finish sodding my front yard:D

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sniff sniff...I dont know how to work my camera. I downloaded the short course and am on pg. 17 of 20. Ugh!!!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I rearrange the rock constantly trying to get better fits. Once I find a good solid fit, I'll glue it together. Right now, I knock pieces off easily so its gotta be glued. Ive tred that 2 part appoxy. Aside from the fact that it stinks to high heaven, I cant get it to hold ,plus it turns white. Next option, superglue gel.

Now that Ive almost got the camera figured out, I'll post closeups.

Im not happy with the intake being right in the back,middle. However with the cutout on the hood, I have no choice. What I really need is a custom hood. Where do I start?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Do like wasabi did.

Buy some really small double barbed pvc connectors 3/8" diam x 1"-2" long should do. Carefully drill your rocks and push fit the connectors into the rocks to connect two pieces of LR. Sort of like manually doing lego's or tinker toys' ect...

Anyway if done correctly it will hold your LR together and you'll never see it. A portion of Wasabi's 325 gal reef was done this way and you would never notice unless he points it out to you. Makes great arches out of several pieces of LR.

Superglue will only hold for a period of time before it lets go. It only works on corals cause they eventually attach themselves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts