The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Are you guys so naive as to think I just pull this stuff out of thin air?

It take months of reading and looking up, pots of coffee, and at least one post by someone else to remind me! ;)

I'm taking a little break right now. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. :D

I know what!! How about a thread on reef tank temps and why? :D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Spanky said:
...It take months of reading and looking up, pots of coffee, and at least one post by someone else to remind me!
Well I'm glad it isn't just me...

aaahhhhhhhh.... new bag of Starbux....COLOMBIA!!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Spanky said:

I'm taking a little break right now. D
Gonna make me embarass myself by throwing out the first pitch?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ya know I refrain from posting or starting a topic because I'm not as qualified as yourself to do so. ;) Adequate suckinupage?

See while you know exactly where you’re going with a thread when you start it, and don’t deny it!! The best I can do is pose a question and hope that collectively we can ALL work it out together. Two very different styles and frankly I don't know how mine would be received. Yeah yeah I know I won't know till I try ;)

I'm at work but I'll give this some thought today and toss it out there tonight.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well if someone want's to change all the degrees Fahrenheit into something far more acceptable such as degrees Celcius then I'm willing to read that thread. :lol:

All I know is that minus 40 F = minus 40 C, so is 1 F = 1 C and is then say 80 F the same as 80C ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Geoff said:
You guys are too much (pointing me to my own thread :D)...I guess this is pretty much like asking for substance on lighting! :D

Habib - what's Celcius? :D ...ahh, I remember.... the Carter Administration, bad music, bad cars......and then there was the push towards the metric system :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
How about chemical warfare and influences of soft corals toxin and caulerpicin to hard corals,someone belive in that or is that another excuse for bad aquarium husbandry when corals start to die in aquarium?

·
Registered
27 Posts
How about any of these ?

What effect do waves have on the absorption of light by corals?
How can we reduce photoreactive oxygen "poisoning" i.e cloud simulation or light intensity variance
How much flow do we need in our tanks?
As the sea warms, will coral reefs appear in different parts of the world?
Are live rock stocking levels adequate / unneccessary
Do we really need more diversity in our tank
Do you add more herbivores as the need arises or do you add a recommended level then remove as necessary?
Which is better, a V twin or an inline four?

Sorry these questions may not be as in depth as some of you guys prefer, but im sure you can make the answers more complicated than i can understand ;)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I like those!!! Howabout doing all of um, except for the "V twin or an inline four" cause I don't know what either of those are! :rolleyes: :funny:

·
Registered
58 Posts
How about "chaos" of nature versus artifical reef?
What I mean with that is that I dont like reef aquarium with only corals and barre rocks among them,that look so artifical.In the nature corals live in contacts or among other corals,sponges,tunicates,alghae....no barre rocks.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts