The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have all the starboard in and risers under the rocks. I have tons of flow in the tank but stuff is settling under the rocks. Can I see some pics of some of the spraybars some of you guys (gals :))have built. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
11,345 Posts
these are shaped the way they are for a center overflow, but just one threaded connection per overflow is how i make them for square tanks. Notice the threaded connection for the majority of the length of it, allows you to easily change the angle if you want.

How big are the pieces of pvc you re using to lift your rock??
acrylic rods are a much better way to lift your rock than pvc if you truly want free flow underneath, as well as are more attractive. Just take 1" plugs 1/2" deep and drill a 3/4" + a touch hole in them and glue them to the bottom of your tank. Then cut your rods however long you want your lift to be and slide them in. You can have different length rods and interchange them for specific rocks as they just sit in place. The amount of rods required depends on how large your rocks are. I just space them evenly 6" apart for the first row, then the next row 4" behind that staggered etc etc. and take a grinder to the tops to make it grip.

Attachments

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,684 Posts
My overflows don't go all the way to the bottom of my tank so I just took a piece of rigid airline tubing that is the same size as the output from a MJ1200, drilled a bunch of holes in it, and shoved it over the MJ1200 and plugged the other end. I then used a suckshon cup holder from an old canister filter to hold the far end steady. Sorry, no pics though.

HTH,
Whiskey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts