The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
49,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after 5 weeks on crutches I have gotten good at moving around with precarious holds on everyday items, but i had a stroke of genius, and modified a couple utility pouches off LBE I had laying around and rigged up "Crutch Pockets.
Each one has a large capacity for cordless phone, cans or travel cups, etc and they have small pockets on the front that may be handy.
Next up is the crutch mount "vice-grip plate holder" I am thinkin on ;)
I know its trivial but bear with me here, house bound is not fun :(
PS Buzz and Jay: both colors to suit Marines and Rangers :D

·
Super Moderator
28,376 Posts
Ahhh...the dressed out crutch-walker :D

Looks good to me, Doug.....lemme call Amazon so that you can get it on their site.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Beer holder is a good idea 'cuz the guy on crutches probably got that way saying "Yeeehaaaw, y'all hold my beer and watch this!"

:D

·
Registered
398 Posts
ya sure they did not try and give ya a lobotomy instead of knee surgery?

Anyhow, I know the feeling, I was on crutches for 6 months when I was around 10 yrs old, a lawn mower and I got in a fight, and the lawnmower won!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:) GREAT idea doug!!!!

good to see you were thinking of both buzz and i, during the design phase :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
it's the weekend :D

i've been researching some big tank threads here and at rc..

and been browsing accessory sites for skimmers, ca reators, overflows etc....

yup, i was at stoney reef too :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
:D cool, will do! btw: when you gonna post pics of your skimmers? all that's on there now is the kalk reactor

sorry to hijack your thread doug... stoney started it :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had venturi skimmers and such on there, but I took them down because I was supposed to be taking the summer off, and just do miscellaneous orders and such, and not really CHASE the business! Well that worked out about as well as a fart in a funeral! Anyhow, once prime reefing season starts up, and Buzz gets the website done, i should have quite a few toys on there!

None near as awesome as doug's current invention! Dang I could have used those!

·
Super Moderator
28,376 Posts
Hehehehe! yeh, no doubt Alice. ;)

Hmmm...mebbe that's the section Doug said holds "cans or travel cups"??

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Doug, where were you two years ago when I messed up my knee????

·
Administrator
49,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gotta have one beverage on each side, just for balance :D
Sorry Chris I wasn't inpired then, if you werent cross country I would let you rummage through my "toy box" ;)

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Doug1 said:
Next up is the crutch mount "vice-grip plate holder" I am thinkin on ;)
Better take it easy on the 'thinkin', Doug; too much of that can ruin a man's capacity to sleep! :D

Given your area of professional expertise, I can see many useful inventions coming in the next few weeks as you contemplate improvements to the standard crutch.

Glad to see the humor is still in you!
Dick:)

·
Administrator
49,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can't wait to get back to work, and have use of a power chair, I been thinking 20" rims and those 1" thin tires that the kids love on their rice rockets ;)
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
you are boared........................but i like it. if im ever on crutches ill call you and have you send me some to try out, but only if you get that beverage holder figured out.

·
Administrator
49,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh trust me i have the beverage holder down pat. Its moving those awkward plates of food that are a challenge ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.