The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal my Ro the water coming into the ro is 74 ppm and the water going to the tank reads 45 ppm what is the deal????

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we get vary little waste just a few drops and alot of water coming out to the aquarium

·
11,345 Posts
Theres a little valve in the tubing at the start of the waste line...it is either out of position or cut to the wrong length...at least thats how it works on mine.........
im on a well with nearly perfect water and it doesnt matter.....you should be getting roughly 4 units of waste to every 1 unit of product......

OR like mentioned already...they are backwards.....the little valve needs to be on the waste line

my spectrapure unit was actually shipped to me that way and it took me forever to figure it out as i assumed they built the unit with the lines where they needed to be

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinking its way to small of a unit for my setup....I paid 69.00 on ebay for it....what should I get? I change 30 gallons a week and add about 10 gallons a week to the drip tank....

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
I think your right on the money, you might just want to check into a spectrapure their a little more in price but a very good product, ya get what ya pay for. JMO
Brent. :beer:

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah do you have a website i was mabe thinking foster & smith I think mine is waaay to small for that amount of water I use would that make the calcium lower...after water changes my calcium drops incredibly?

·
11,345 Posts
Hendersonracing said:
yeah do you have a website i was mabe thinking foster & smith I think mine is waaay to small for that amount of water I use would that make the calcium lower...after water changes my calcium drops incredibly?
Not following why your calcium drops becasue opf water changes......mine drops a touch becasue IO products ( i use reef crystals)are a little low to begin with.....but topping off for evaporation shouldnt really affect your calcium levels....

I mean if you waited for a really long time to top off for evaporation your water would be supercharged on salinity, calcium and other elements...topping off with fresh should just bring them in line........

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I beginning to wonder if my calcium monitor is junk.....it keeps going up and down...It was 369 last night and 295 today??? I use the seachem test kit also but havent used it in the last week... but my ro should be 0 from what I read???

·
11,345 Posts
I think once you get up into the 4 and 5 stage units they are all doing pretty much the same thing. Membrane and filter quality is what the extra $100 bucks is going to. Youve got a TDS meter which makes it much easier for you to tell how well it is really working.

as far as the calcium thing goes...it sounds like it. If use a salifert calcium test to double check your monitor results....

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just called foster and smith they are going to replace it...also ordered the 100 gpd with the pump from coralife....I think with 45 ppm coming out of the obe I have its doing nothing but causing me issues....It only cost me 60.00 so Im sure its only good for a short time with me using almost 200 gallons per month

1 - 20 of 23 Posts