The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now that my water clearity is back to normal (my parameters have always been good) i want to know what i can and can not do........besides the yellow tang i have my only other plans for fish are a flame angel, yellow watchman goby, and a clown fish............but the coral ..............now my first move is going to be either polyps or mushrooms..............which one is better first and how long should i wait of is now ok................and the last two fish im going to get............my thought is to wait on them since they will of coarse decrease my bio load...........

in conclusion

1) which one first polyps or mushrooms
2) is now ok

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 45 gallon high with 196w PC ...96w 10,000k and 96w atinic...very good water movement.............and live rock pilled half way up

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in the future i am doing leathers and other soft corals too ........this lighting should be fine right?

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
Both shrooms and zoos are pretty close to the same; very easy, and will grow like crazy.

Wait at LEAST 1 month after your final nitrate spike. It's best to wait a good 3 months like Tim said.

Waiting so long allows all the mini cycles to get down to a safe level so corals won't get too stressed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
New to Site with New Reef Tank

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andre , I have been working with m saltwater tank for the past 9 months. It has been hell to maintain but great to watch. I consider myself an intermediate collector. Well enough talk. I just got all my nitrates, ammonias, and ph down to zero. I have 2 yellow tangs, 2 clown fish, sea urchin, 1 snail, and two hermit crabs (1 small and one big). I just placed a rock/coral in the tank. The rock has lots of green mushrooms on it. They also have opening up and look like they are spreading already. I am jut wondering what coral I can add next and will any of my fish mess with my green mushrooms. I saw my snail by it yesterday and got really nervous...Is it ok for the sea urchin or snail to be in the same tank as coral .

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
adperkin said:
Hello Everyone,

My name is Andre , I have been working with m saltwater tank for the past 9 months. It has been hell to maintain but great to watch. I consider myself an intermediate collector. Well enough talk. I just got all my nitrates, ammonias, and ph down to zero. I have 2 yellow tangs, 2 clown fish, sea urchin, 1 snail, and two hermit crabs (1 small and one big). I just placed a rock/coral in the tank. The rock has lots of green mushrooms on it. They also have opening up and look like they are spreading already. I am jut wondering what coral I can add next and will any of my fish mess with my green mushrooms. I saw my snail by it yesterday and got really nervous...Is it ok for the sea urchin or snail to be in the same tank as coral .
Hello Andre, welcome to TRT! :wavey:

Yes, it is alright to keep the urchins and snails in the tank with your shrooms and other softies and LPS.

I have personally had a bad experience with an urchin and SPS coral; where it ate the tips off a colony.

What type of lighting do you have? What size of tank? Tell us all the pertinant information so we can help you as much as possible. :)

Also, to start your own thread, check out the main forum "General Reef discussion" in this instance, and click "New Thread" at the bottom of the list of threads. :)

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I have no experience with urchins but my snail cleans over my mushrooms without doing any harm they dont even seem to notice. Always nice a fluffy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts