The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I have been sitting here thinking about moving and seeing what I could build next.

Here is my favorite idea so far.

16'X3'X2.5'

All I would need is one more hood, a few more pumps and one of these...

For those of you with big red Xs on your screen those are MR-C8496s. rated at up to 8500 gallons.

So..
$2K on a skimmer
$1K on a chiller
$1K for more lights
$2K for more rock
$2K for more pumps
$1K for more plumbing
$5K for a tank
$10K for a psychiatrist

Any questions?

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I say go for it! Um... one question Where ya gonna put that thing?!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
This is the way I look at.
It is a fun hobby, as long as you can afford it. If you can afford to do something like that, then I say go for it. Keep in mind the increased monthly cost of something like that.

I would love to see that build thread

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fly Guy said:
I say you buy one to run your current system and stock your 3 tanks with 395 fish, just to prove that 1 fish per system gallon is within reason:D

Maybe im an IDOT too.
My basement ceiling is only 7 foot high.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
That display had to be tough on the employees, blocking the restrooms like that! :lol:

Go for it!

Dick:)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Wonder how that skimmer would work on a 54 gal tank....???:eek: Im looking for a new skimmer, of course I would have to add another 50 gal of water for the skimmer, but like they say you can never over skim...:lol:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
FishDaddy said:
That display had to be tough on the employees, blocking the restrooms like that! :lol:
Heh! That looks like the access to Andy's office (THE RESTROOMS)and the workshop space in the back...

How DO they get any work done???

;)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Barcochris said:
Cut a hole in the ceiling/floor. then it is really easy to empty the cup.
:D

Think of this as an incentive to install one of the quick release fittings for the top of the skimmer, soooo much easier and quick to clean... That and a 6" bottle brush, maybe with a chimneysweep sectional rod...

:thumbup:

HEY!!! even better, maybe your wife will be able to help do some of your maintenance now without having to go into the basement!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Barcochris said:
Cut a hole in the ceiling/floor. then it is really easy to empty the cup.
skimers like that usually have the skimmate plumbed into their houses waste managment system.

·
11,345 Posts
tdwyatt said:
:D

HEY!!! even better, maybe your wife will be able to help do some of your maintenance now without having to go into the basement!
ESPECIALLY if you bring it up through the KITCHEN floor!!!!!!!

:funny: :funny: :funny:

*running for cover*

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok my wife said I could build that system when My corals out grow my current system.

So, Heres what we have to do.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts