The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I would like to ask a question. Is the point of doing the lifts and getting the rocks off the sand to help flow and keep detris (sp) moving? If so what about what gets into the lifts? I read about cutting holes in the lifts. Is this enough to let the water flow wash out the lifts? Not trying to highjack your thread just wondering. :confused:

Oh and I do like the way your tanks looks.:thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The lifts will trap detris and just become a melting pot of junk. Your best wet would have been to make solid lifters by caping each end!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
90_berlin_joe said:
The lifts will trap detris and just become a melting pot of junk. Your best wet would have been to make solid lifters by caping each end!
capped pipe would float, unless filled with something, best way is to cut holes like mentioned above. so flow goes through, and little things can hide out too.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i will trap less deterious and with the flow the junk just goes to one side of the tank then make it easy to syphon things out only in one location :) I drilled some of them already but will be talking them out in the next week on my day off. i will drill them and paint them maybe

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank guys so far these are the spect:
60G uniquarium
80 pounds of sand
100 of live fiji rock
red sea airlift skimmer
1 marron clown
1 chocolate tang
1 lawnmooer blenny
1 yellow tail damsel
1 lite foot sally
6 turbo snails
11 head hammer
11 inch leather finger polyp
80+ button polyp
1 feather duster

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
It looks trerrific!
We drilled some of our lifts in the tank w/sand... don't know that it helped at all. Also don't know that the trapped stuff was a problem -- just as much stuff was trapped in amongst the piles of rock...

Your fish and tank setup are beautiful!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool, thanks! I thought it was him, but I wasn't sure. I need something for my new tank and I am not handy at all!!! I hang a picture and it falls off the wall -- but I try!!!

·
11,345 Posts
ShirleyM said:
I'm curious what these look like. What's the item number on eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&item=160010123228&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

im not really selling them on ebay so much, more so just selling a few here and there word of mouth
Im also NOt using pvc anymore for the frame that goes under the sand, im using a 1" thick acryclic grid. Anyway, thats enough of that on the GRD board, not making a sales pitch :) , just answering a question

1 - 20 of 27 Posts