The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Now I can understand this clam purchase as you are trying to improve the overall appearance of the clam!! Nice addition!:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys Man it works great Doug I got almost negative reading on Nitrates:D I love these guys what could be better?
Than something that releives me from water changes for a while?:dance: :dance:

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alfalfa said:
14 clams?

Are you prepared to thin them out when they begin to crowd out your system?
Im sure there will be lots of takers when they get to big for my tank,but wait I could get the 1000 gal I have been wanting:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
i think i now know your hidden agenda, casey! its soo obvious, should have seen it coming....

casey, you're gene splicing together a gaint mutant clam to take over the world.... right?

great addition to the tank!
:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 9 clams in my reef right now & I'm still/always looking for more. I'm not really worried about them outgrowing my system right now because most of them are in the 3" range & it takes years for the average clam to outgrow a tank. Meanwhile as Casey pointed out I'm sure there will be lots of takers if I need to find some room.

·
Registered
16 Posts
very nice idea and looks great.. quite tempting to do I might add.. are you using DSL and what is your resfresh rate/snap shot interval? what are using for the webcam a standard run of the mill job?

JP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the web cam. It's been on-line for over 2 years now.
I have a cable connection & I use an Intel web cam. They make the best hardware (trust me on that one - I've been through like 5 brands so far). The frame rate on the local PC is about 60 frames per second - but you will never see that over the internet, of course speed will vary with network traffic & your connection.
Just tune in & watch - while you're there sign my guestbook! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.