The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to think about that......Good morning Y'All, and......HAPPY SATURDAY!

Up before 4:00 am, and coffee'd up by 5.......got me? But still that means there's coffee to pass around, and the day has begun.

Biggest, 'first up' on my plate this morning is a phone call to Jeff at LifeReef in regards to a new Protein skimmer purchase. My 6' beast of an 'air stone' skimmer I made, and I've been running for the past 2-3 years has become way too noisy to have around here any more with Jen's health issues.......Hoping today Jeff and I can firm up PLANS and a deal on getting one of His skimmers set up on Hack's-Reef. A unified finger crossing session around the Table today is encouraged.

Hope 'Something wonderful.' awaits All this fine day,
Hack
("Come'on now..... THAT'S prime trivia right there Folks.")

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack. Hot chocolate and Cream Of Wheat, egg and cheese biscuits, and fruit to get our motors going.

Bummer on waking up so early. :(

Have fun getting the skimmer you like!

Haven’t a clue on that trivia.

Doug - Cool that your new phone was able to help you at tax prep. 😎
YUCK on OR calling the Covid check income. I hooe that’s not the case in SC.

Jeff - Sorry to hear that a bird had a flight error with your kitchen window. Hope it rallies and gets going.
Our library has black silhouettes of birds on their windows.

Question for all of you. I’m reading The Bishop’s Pawn by Steve Berry. It’s a fast reading thriller that has nothing to do with chess. But I wast to know what bishop’s pawn means in chess?

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good morning Cath, 1613827597265.png !

The tid-bit of trivia was from the movie '2010', in response to Dr. Floyd's inquiry as to ,"What's going to happen?",....."Something wonderful.". AND a hidden bonus for them that saw Ford vs Ferrari......, Carol Shelby's line, "...Come'on now....". ("But THAT was a long reach, and probably only echos of the voices in my head. 🤔 :rolleyes:😁")

'Bishop's pawn'......purely chess related game notation, refers to which pawn is in question, ie: King's, Queen's, Bishop's, Knight's, or Rook's. And having not read the book, and a wild extrapolation to it's meaning, since that's how I spend my life, would be......'A puppet being manipulated behind the scenes by a superior who wishes to make a move, while concealing any involvement or knowledge.......,retaining deniability as a fail safe. Such as moves by our government in times of war, r social unrest......HYPOTHETICAL of course.

Grooviness to Ya,
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And THANKS for the post........was about to drag out the heavy noise making stuff. 1613829124482.png 1613829644541.png to rouse the crew.
Hack

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Hack hit the nail on the head in both cases, I suspect the title is based on the latter premise
Rainy again and I got a bad case of runny nose and sneezing, oh joy. Cone on Dayquil

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good morning Cath, View attachment 240965 !

The tid-bit of trivia was from the movie '2010', in response to Dr. Floyd's inquiry as to ,"What's going to happen?",....."Something wonderful.". AND a hidden bonus for them that saw Ford vs Ferrari......, Carol Shelby's line, "...Come'on now....". ("But THAT was a long reach, and probably only echos of the voices in my head. 🤔 :rolleyes:😁")

'Bishop's pawn'......purely chess related game notation, refers to which pawn is in question, ie: King's, Queen's, Bishop's, Knight's, or Rook's. And having not read the book, and a wild extrapolation to it's meaning, since that's how I spend my life, would be......'A puppet being manipulated behind the scenes by a superior who wishes to make a move, while concealing any involvement or knowledge.......,retaining deniability as a fail safe. Such as moves by our government in times of war, r social unrest......HYPOTHETICAL of course.

Grooviness to Ya,
Hack
Bingo! That’s exactly what’s happening, I I see who is each part now.

Hack hit the nail on the head in both cases, I suspect the title is based on the latter premise
Rainy again and I got a bad case of runny nose and sneezing, oh joy. Cone on Dayquil
Ugh! That’s miserable. Hooe the Dayquil works so you don’t have to put a Kleenex up your nose.🤪

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.......THAT'S what fingers R4! 🤔 :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Cant type with fingers in nose, must install voice to text, wait then it would have to relearn voice after congestion

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant......SORRY to hear about the raging sniffles Pal. Another option that works for me is to hang upside down.....puts it back whence it came! 😁

Just got in from a wee bit of fun shopping. Fresh cold cuts.....ham, turkey, liverwurst, American n Swiss cheeses, L+T's and fresh'ish hard rolls. This pandemic is killing the 'FRESH hard roll' dept.

Forgot Jeff, 'LifeReef' owner lives in Colorado, and is 2 hours behind me here, so got to drag my feet till 4:00pm here so it's uhhhhhh, let's see......2 THERE!(y)(y)😁

Yeah Doug I've been a 'Blank's-pawn' a heap of a lot in my years.,,,,knowingly as well as unwittingly, and let's not even count the 'conspiracy, and alien' angle.🤔😁

Got a Dagwood calling my name......wonderfulness to All,
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Doug.......funny an 'alternate means' of typing words popped up.....For some reason now, and it escapes me for the moment......Hack demonstrated the other night his ability to type with his toes. Now there's trivia for Ya.
Hack

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Toe typing is not happening unless I hold a stylus between toes, I have broken all of them over the years so they no bendy so much

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
You guys.🤧😏

A hearty vegetable soup for dinner tonight. Anyone want a bowl?

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THAT would go great with our sandwiches Cath.......THANKS!

Pacing the floor trying to connect with Jeff at LifeReef....he bobs, I weave.....just ain't quite meshing yet.
Grooviness,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Evening all (y)

Think it got to a balmy 26 today,,, nice to have cold without the "extra" in front of it,
Think there is a inch or so of snow heading our way starting tomorrow,,,this time it'll be the wet/heavier stuff with talk of rain mixed in,,, wateva,,,
40's for a high on Tuesday,

Kept "busy" today, nothing much of real merit.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
40 ish now, looking at 33 tonight, no word from TV news on storm warning, oh well we get what we get. Made it into town, got new plugs and a proper gas cap for the Ram. Swung by US Cellular. Could not get audible alerts for text messages, got one of the younger CSR to dig into secret menu and make my phone noisy

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pulled the trigger on one of these beauties tonight. The problem with people who are honest, and know what they're doing, is that seldom are they also 'good salesmen'.......And that's a great thing! After talking with Jeff at LifeReef, he actually talked me down from the skimmers I 'thought' I needed/wanted.....about $200.00 down! 2-3 weeks out for delivery though due to this time and day we live in. All's groovy!
1613873786411.png

Hi Jeff n Doug! Our temps will begin to climb this coming week, hovering in/near 50'ish.....but rain possible. Ohhhhhhh technology is such a fluttery, fickle, fallut'n, failure'full, frightful, thing.......good vibes sent your way Doug.

Finally dinner time now that the skimmer stuff is out of the way. Grab a plate,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
THAT would go great with our sandwiches Cath.......THANKS!

Pacing the floor trying to connect with Jeff at LifeReef....he bobs, I weave.....just ain't quite meshing yet.
Grooviness,
Hack
Just don’t get involved with rope-a-dope.🥊

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
.............,"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee......"? Showing your age now Cath.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
I’m afraid so, Hack. ;)

·
15,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Eternal and internal 'sunshine' can NEVER BE DIMMED Cath!😇
Hack

1 - 20 of 20 Posts