The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to do some coral shopping at the lfs, when one of the owners just got back from dallas with my new 75gl RR aquarium and stand! i was also scoping out some custom acrylic sump while i was there, and i noticed the pricing. i said why is this one more than that one, when that one is drilled and fitted? being the helpful guy that he was, he called the manufacturer to find out for himself, which is when he found out that the price sticker listed on it was what he paid for it. oops. i bought it. it was a bit more than i had planned on spending, but it was well worth it. he quickly changed the price on the other unit, that's when i realized how much it was worth retial:eek: its a good thing i got it at cost. the tank and stand i got on sale also, both were $1 over invoice as well!
:dance:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Cha Ching

good score buddy

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
:dance: :dance: :dance: Far out, man! You make us proud :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
When opportunity start knocking, grab the product and start walking!!:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all, lets hope my good fortune continues! i still need pumps, skimmer, ca reactor and...... more money! one of my friends, thankfully, has some wood working tools, and said i could use his garage to build a hood.
peace!
:cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Drool dripping

sweet.....I will have to come down and get a closer look....and when you make the hood could you make 2 :beer:

·
Ghetto Reefer 101
1,447 Posts
that's a sweet A.$$. sump man, how big is it and what brand?

good luck.....have you got the lights yet? that's the biggest cost IMO, tank, than skimmer.....bahhhhh.....

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
What a kick-wrasse deal! (There's reef slang for you...)

Congrats - and kudos for the shop owner for giving it to you at the marked price!

Danielle

·
Ghetto Reefer 101
1,447 Posts
mrs. jetson is so hot

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
triap93, the demension of the sump is 29"x15"x16.5". looks like it would handle about 200gl. tank. i like to believe the mfg was Cage or something similiar sounding, i'm really not sure (no sticker to reference). for lighting, i might consider using a single 400w mh, or a dual 175, and power compacts. today i got 6'x 18" of silver mylar backing for the tank. and i am also kicking around the idea of black live sand as a substrate.
peace everyone!
:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts