The Reef Tank banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well......faced worse in our lives....

Good*orning Y'All and HAPPY *ONDAY!
Still early fall weather, low 70's, and clouds. Heading to the office for a half day as I'* taken Jen to her dr's this afternoon.....pain *anag*ent one.

Coffee is going and there's *ilk chocolate brownies on the counter. Let's go put up a good fight and get through this *onday....CHARGE..........!
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,458 Posts
Good *orning Hack and all,

Thanks for the coffee and I will add some grits with loads of butter.

Not much on my to do list for today, still taking it easy.

Have a Great Day

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and brownies, Hack! 😛😋. Vinnie - Thanks for the grits. I add grated cheese to add. Nanners and apples are on the table.

HACK - Hooe all goes well for Jen’s pain doc appt. I’m sure you two will make it groovy some way.

Jeff - Busy Sunday for you! Good job repairing your sis’s vacuum.
I’ll be interested to hear what names she chooses for your sun conures. Molly sounds nice for your Macaw.

Vinnie - Hope your easy day is productive in some way.

Beautiful day here in the Up-country of SC.
The job of helping Sophie remember how to use her boxes is an on-going thing. When I actually see her use the box, I give her a treat. Hope that helps.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Good morning all, vmore coffee here if anyone needs some. Hi of 55F and a chance of rain. Makes for, for a blah monday but let's get it over with.
I like Molly for the new bird
Have a great day all

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Morning all,
A few errands in town first thing, dropped off deposit for the baby female Catalina Macaw to the breeder at the P.O. , and a few “while I’m out and about” stops .
Called to make a appt. at the vet to get the Sun Conures in, earliest one is 23rd of Oct. , no biggie.
Don’t think the avian vet shows up day in, day out.
Since I did not have to time moving the birds from their too large cage to a smaller but still large’ish cage based on a vet appt. ( one less stressful hand/ glove relocation) I went ahead and moved them just now. Went ok, glad I chose to wear thin leather gloves, heheh. After their initial wing trim, they will be easier to train ( can’t just fly away from you) . Flight feathers come back with next molt.
Cath, no names locked in yet, but since the species originates from South America and the breeder was of Spanish descent🤔, I’m leaning toward names of Mexican background.

All that stuff tended to, next is to work up a busy list for the rest of the day,

Hope everyone has a great day!

Reactions: cath

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cath, no names locked in yet, but since the species originates from South America and the breeder was of Spanish descent🤔, I’m leaning toward names of Mexican background.
......Hmmmmm 🤔 ......El Jeff? 😁

Sorry, just had to happen.
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, that style of food doesn’t sound like you at all!
Hmmmm I didn’t know being a foodie was like that. I just thought it meant that you liked good food and you like to prepare it. In that case, that sounds like you guys.
Enjoy your game night!
As far as I can glean from popular culture, which I am most certainly not a card carrying member in good standing with, it refers to those who ENJOY food, as well as a desire to take a step above the crowd that snorts down Mc'y D's.........if something is good, strive to make it delicious. If something is terrible, a/ Try to improve it.....b/ toss it to the MD snorters. :ROFLMAO: Just those that take eating seriously to enjoy it rather than a chore.
Plant Houseplant Toy Gesture Finger

Disney's Ratatouille movie......
Hack

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Home from the creek......

Got a little Nor'Easter happening around here, and especially over at the shore. Wind driven 'light' rain, and flood tides, with 'rollers', uhhhhh 🤔 ....rolling down the creek.
Weather 'mis-guessers' were a wee off on this one.

Tootles and and waves to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Was chilly and overcast this am but partly cleared to sunny, but wind outta the North at 10 made it a little chilly. Down to freezing tonight, hopefully it will put an end to the fly reign of terror.
Gonna try some pics from yesterday
Vehicle Aircraft Helicopter Helicopter rotor Rotorcraft
Tent Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Tree
Plant Helmet Hard hat Workwear Tire

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Hi, everyone!👋

Boy, do I miss wavey!

As far as I can glean from popular culture, which I am most certainly not a card carrying member in good standing with, it refers to those who ENJOY food, as well as a desire to take a step above the crowd that snorts down Mc'y D's.........if something is good, strive to make it delicious. If something is terrible, a/ Try to improve it.....b/ toss it to the MD snorters. :ROFLMAO: Just those that take eating seriously to enjoy it rather than a chore.
View attachment 242183
Disney's Ratatouille movie......
Hack
Good on, Hack. I love that film. Could watch it over and over.

Doug - Those are some great photos! Boys and girls of all ages like helicopters, fire engines , and all that.

·
16,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Home from PT, and there's cheese n pepperoni n crackers on the menu.

THAT was a cute movie Cath. Going to miss those Disney movies now that Hack's growing up......kids movies are wasted on kids......we want to see them. :LOL:

Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
......Hmmmmm 🤔 ......El Jeff? 😁

Sorry, just had to happen.
Hack
Haha.
“El Hefe”
Turns out , the one that was DNA tested/sexed as being a male was named “Lucas” by the breeder, so,,,,, looks like that name will stick but not like the boid knew his name probably. The other ( but based on IF I get it DNA sexed to determine if male or female) looks like “it” will be named “Sol” ( sun as in Sun Conure , in Spanish) just cuz.

Bird n Dawg order from Chewy got delayed by a day, so I went to Pets Supplies Plus for some more toys etc. to keep em occupied and busy being birds trying to destroy, err, play with them.Also grabbed some pelleted food for them , the plan/hopes are to get them changed over to pellet food as not to have seed mix remnants to clean up after when they shoot seed hulls outa the cage, sigh.
Luckily Molly the baby macaw will already be weaned onto pelleted food when I bring her home so no dealing making sure the changeover happens properly.

Stopped at Mom’s since I was “up north “ , replaced the batteries in the driveway transmitter “tattletale “ when vehicles come down the driveway, and brought home a lamp that fell over and yanked out a wire at the socket.
Stopped at the local sports/gun store in mom’s town, checked on pistola ammo availability and prices. Not much on the shelves, but the “specials”they did have for 9mm was $29 for 20 rounds,,,, um🤔, hard pass. Geez

Heavy rain and tor-nader warnings up back at home for a few more hours. Already done some heavy downpours this afternoon . At least the temps dropped some 25 degrees,,, a comfy but damp 63 degrees down from upper 80’s. Welcome to fall.

on to the evening, think a simple reboot is on the list.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Jeez its almost like they dont want you to have them things. trying to trouble shoot battery in Ram 4x4, i think it may be toast

1 - 13 of 13 Posts