The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the first weekend ever not going to lfs! I am trying to cut back on the spending until I pick up my 90. I keep looking at my fowler thinking man it needs more fish! But I refuse to back down. I need to order the bulkheads for my setup so I think I'll just go browse around marine depot. Anywhere else I should checkout bulkheads? I also need to pick up some flex pvc and if I could get it all together that would be great. I've been checking out live aquaria too for some live rock and need to get some base rock too. Anyway just killing time since I cant go shopping and it's still too hot to cut grass.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rub it in why don't ya! Well just looked out side and looks like it may rain yard may have to wait. I did get my pvc and bulkheads ordered. $30 bucks for 10 ft 3/4 10ft 1 in and a 3/4 bulkhead and 1 inch bulkhead. Now I just have to wait till next week end to get the tank! Then the fun begins. Got the camera ready, spot picked out, ready to go.

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Wow Jena! Thanx for the reminder! I should go to the LFS tonight! I still have a store credit!!:banana:

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's cool. If I had a store credit I'd be there in a minute! I promised the hubby not to buy anything that wasn't for the new tank and regretting it now. Just one more week tho!

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
The LFS Dude(sorry Nate):rolleyes: , told me that there's one guy that sells so many frags that he hasn't spent any money there in 3 years. I wanna be that guy!! :D

·
Gruff But Lovable Reefer
320 Posts
jena,
the answer is simple enough!! a part time job at the LFS. serves multiple purposes. 1) you are around the cool stuff alot more. 2) you will get a discount. 3) you get first crack at anything new that comes in. 4) the more you work the more hobby money you will have..5) when things are slow you can stand at stare at the livestock AND GET PAID!!
now the downsides.... 1)(if you are like me),you will end up owing more money at the end of the week than you make. 2) you will be waking up in the middle of the night wondering if you did the alk test on the 240 display tank. and then considering getting out of bed to go do it.

ANGRY GARY

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh No! Then I would definately go broke. I would be bringing home something everytime the shipment came in!

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
you will be waking up in the middle of the night wondering if you did the alk test on the 240 display tank. and then considering getting out of bed to go do it.
Well, I don't have a 240, but I've done the rest! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
ANYWAY....I bought something, but I won't post it until I can get pictures, K? :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
VWD said:
I tell you casey , It is hard here to find what I want in the stores
Yea I have to go to several sometimes to find anything good sometimes you just cant and then I go online:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
VWD said:
I know , I think I have gotten pretty picky, I only want clams and sps's
I can get the clams local but have to go 100 miles one way to get good SPS now online I can always find them:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts