The Reef Tank banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
My 'schedule' this past week was.....strange. Worked Monday, went to work Tuesday but pretty much a 'turn around' and been home all week......between scheduled days off for Dr. visits for the both of us, and health issues it's been easy to loose track of time. :unsure:

ALMOST resurrected this thread last night waiting for our 'virtual CHAT', but realized it wasn't Saturday. Vinnie had a Video session some of us watched last Wednesday and everyone there was sipping drinks, and got this thread back in my mind.
So not yet sure what this evening holds, but will share what I was going to share last night.....Why should I be the only lucky one loosing track of days......;)

Bottle Liquid Drinkware Barware Fluid

("Yeah, same picture used above, but just lazy.")
I'm not a 'measurer', I'm a 'splash n a dash' sorta fella.....and enjoy my drink over ice with a wee hint of water for flavoring......to me this is a relaxing, sipping, and with me, a 'sniffing' experience. NOT a, 'Here's your drink Bub and gulp it down', sorta drinker.

So pretty much enjoying a drink now, even if I've poured from this or that bottle countless times, it's pretty much a new experience. I'm not one of these self proclaimed snoots who get paid for telling Ya what 'they can taste in there sipping', but I can taste, smell, and feel my drink as I enjoy it.
Depending on how quickly, which QUICK is never actually something I do with my drink, the time it takes for the ice to chill the Scotch, or how long the ice melts in the glass, or how many drops of water was that used......almost every glass, sip, and memory of it is NEW/DIFFERENT. ("And on THAT NOTE, last night's glass the ice didn't melt much, and wasn't as 'many drops' of water as I have used in the past...because that first sip was a 'Ooooooooh.....oh yeah.") experience. But with ice, that does change over the course of sipping it, and I can usually sip it for about an hour.....as long as our Virtual Chats last.

And through the evening, I'll spend probably as much time enjoying the 'smokiness/Peatiness' of it with my sense of smell as I do taste. Just opened a new door for me as I got older, and allowed my 'professional drinkers memberships' to expire.....no longer do it to 'forget' but to remember......it is a new experience, and for me, no 2 times are ever the same.
Here's to hoping Everyone can find a 'good memory' in each new sip,
Hack
:cool:

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
......OH.....after another sip I GOT THAT reference. :unsure:
I'm sure we could talk Doug into it.....whether he'll get there is a different story. And perhaps Cath may feel up to it......there's more to 'explore' there.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
......OH.....after another sip I GOT THAT reference. :unsure:
uhhhhh, THAT was no pun intended, actually was referring to my morning coffee. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
lol we can call it “Let’s get Tanked” or some crazy name.
TRT's .......
TANKED THURDAYS
TANKS for the MEMORIES
Tanked TUESDAYS.......

"Bring your favorite drink, and share a conversation on this week's topic with our featured guests"

I know a lot of our threads on here can be found from a quick search on marine related topics, so with a little effort we could add a LINK to them. THAT would be an interesting 'in house' experiment to try?
Just some out loud thinking. :unsure:

Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,657 Posts
TRT's .......
TANKED THURDAYS
TANKS for the MEMORIES
Tanked TUESDAYS.......

"Bring your favorite drink, and share a conversation on this week's topic with our featured guests"

I know a lot of our threads on here can be found from a quick search on marine related topics, so with a little effort we could add a LINK to them. THAT would be an interesting 'in house' experiment to try?
Just some out loud thinking. :unsure:

Hack
Tank You Very Much.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts