The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Student of the Reef
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to consolidate all the threads where this is being talked about. Please chime in if you are going. We are also going to stop at preuss pets that is very close to the frag swap I believe.
Here is the link to the frag swap in Lansing.

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52932

Whoever is going please read it over and we can decide where and what time to meet. I was looking at the map and it looks like the Toll Road east to 69 and 69 north to lansing is the easiest way. That should get us pretty close. If there is an easier way please let me know.

Also, the frag swap starts at noon. What time should we meet? Also where? Maybe at the rest stop that is just east of Exit 92 (western most elkhart exit). That way everyone can get on at the easiest exit to them and meet at the rest area and we can all go from there. Just throwing out suggestions. Any feedback would be great.

Jeff,
If possible could you please sticky this thread for the next week or so?

·
Shark bait
1,086 Posts
Whoever is going please read it over and we can decide where and what time to meet. I was looking at the map and it looks like the Toll Road east to 69 and 69 north to lansing is the easiest way. That should get us pretty close. If there is an easier way please let me know.
That is the easiest and takes 2 hours and 10 minutes to get to the swap from exit 96 on the toll road going that route. Made this trip too many times to count.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I used to travel to Michigan St. I would take 31N to 94W to 69N I could make it in 1 hour 45 mins but i also drive kinda fast.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm going for sure, but I'm not sure if my wife wants to go or not yet. I think I read that you can bring up to 7 frags for the $5 entrance fee? And 8-15 frags is $15?

·
Shark bait
1,086 Posts
I'm going for sure, but I'm not sure if my wife wants to go or not yet. I think I read that you can bring up to 7 frags for the $5 entrance fee? And 8-15 frags is $15?
FWIW, at some point, it becomes economical to reserve a table... if there are multiple people being frags, setting a table up may be wort it... just my $0.02

·
Student of the Reef
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone familiar with the area know where Preuss Pets is in relation to the frag swap?

·
^on dbl secret probation
388 Posts
I'm in

Brett

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What is the carpool situation? I guess my old lady wants to go (which is good cuz she's the one with the money). So if someone has room for the two of us, that's cool--if not, we'll probably have room for 2 if we have to drive.

·
Super Moderator
22,078 Posts
What is the carpool situation? I guess my old lady wants to go (which is good cuz she's the one with the money). So if someone has room for the two of us, that's cool--if not, we'll probably have room for 2 if we have to drive.

Ya ain't goin nowhere is your wife catches you callin' her the "Ol lady" Dave LOL

And fer frags i will keep my mouth shut! :rolleyes: :lol:
J/K

·
Student of the Reef
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear that you can make the trip Jeff. Is is possible to make this thread sticky for the next week or so?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Now I really hope my wife doesn't read this thread--she'd have a new nickname for me!
Yea I had to "compromise" with her to set up the tank. If i set it up, she got to get new shoes and a purse.....lets just say that i think I got screwed on that deal....Seriously how the hell can a flippin purse cost more than $40 its like 1 yard of cloth!!! thats OK I'll pull even this weekend when I buy my lights :)!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yea I had to "compromise" with her to set up the tank. If i set it up, she got to get new shoes and a purse.....lets just say that i think I got screwed on that deal....Seriously how the hell can a flippin purse cost more than $40 its like 1 yard of cloth!!! thats OK I'll pull even this weekend when I buy my lights :)!
I wondered how that whole stereotype got started...:lol:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
My wife loves the tank. When we moved into this house with the 72 she told me to hurry up and get the new tank done. She loves the tank. No bargaining required.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts