The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here we go the OFFICIAL BUILD LOG for the 90g tank....

the tank has been filled and running with saltwater now for about 20min...took me that long to finish loading drivers to upload pics:mad:.....but heres the start of the pics for you guys....

the tnak is clearing up FAST i can already see the rock wall on the overflow box.....so as things get celar ill snap more pics and add pics as i progress into the REEF TRANSPLANT......enjoy...

starting to fill....BLAAH...

skimmer shots while i was waitin on water to mix

FILLED AND RUNNIN

the skimmer after 5min of running...LOOK AT THAT FOAM

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i still have to adjust the water level to MAX in the sump. right now i hjust got it at the min level just to let things run and all.....once i get everything done ill add water to raise the level in the sump some more...

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
must have cost a bunch of money to fill that size of a tank
:drool:
not at all.....im on well water that runs thru an RO filter.....so cost nothing..bought like you and your FREE water...CHEATER!!!! LOL

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how am i cheating?
since you get to go pick up all the FREE WATER you want!!! im just givin ya CHUT....its ok my lil asian buddy....CHEERS:beer:

reading 1.029 this morning so ill let it run today and when i get home if its still the same ill drop that down to 1.024 for its final restin place....and then ill get a first readin on the tests kits to see where i stand....

and update yall from there....

·
Registered
773 Posts
nice looking tank. can i have 70 gallons of your 90 lol, i need another 70 and them im finally full too lol.

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice looking tank. can i have 70 gallons of your 90 lol, i need another 70 and them im finally full too lol.
:rotflmao::lol::funny::biglaugh2:

ummmmm.....:trout2:....NO!!!!!! LOL.....thats the one thing i like about my filter system....i dont have to wait and wait and wait...i have filtered water on demand!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am glad that its finally running. Now comes the fun part of stocking it.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I am glad that its finally running. Now comes the fun part of stocking it.

The only question is... (as Jason steps into DJ's brain) who get to the livestock from??? hrmmmm Brad supplied me with all of my equipment and tank... did my rock wall... But, gosh I just can't think of anyone to get my livestock from lol.

But, on a serious note. You have gotten to the fun part of the build where all of the manual labor part is done *although for me the plumbing is the fun part but, I'm wierd like that* and now you just get to sit back and watch it grow up. Those were the days...

Hrmmm I wonder how long it would take for me to plumb another big tank into my system? I wonder if I could get say 500 gallons of water cycling through a 75 gallon sump? lol CARY!!!!!!!! I think I may need your thingymajobby *quoting oldE Matt* (had to be there) lol.

Jason

·
Registered
773 Posts
oh but its only 70 gallons lol. Thats alright i used every drop of water last night, and i guess i had more then i thought, Only shy around 15 gallons now, which will be ready by tonight.

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wont be buyin anymore stock for this tank.....minus 2 more cleaner shrimp and a BUTT load of snails later on....

i already have
1 yellow tang
1 powder brown tang
1 lyertail anthias
2 green chromy's
1 coral beauty
1 MANDZILLA....as tamika put it
1 gold stripe maroon
and a BUT load of corals...

just NOT looking forward to the aquascaping in this one.....the rock wall is throwin my thoughts ff track...but im sure i can come up with something interesteing by the time comes to start that....not to mention ill have the bucket of rocks to pick up at the meeting so ill have them to use for shelves or arches or whatever we decide...

and ill be inviting jen over for the AQUA SCAPING PARTY!!! LOL since she likes doin it so much!! LOL

now that the water is CRYSTAL CLEAR i gota go in and clean the water film off the glass..not sure where that came from but it looks like from where the water level stopped everytime....

the overflow is a bit on the loud side so i gota figure out what to do with that as well.....

i jumped the tank off my 75g to jump start the cycle....gona be takin some small rocks outa the 40g to add to the sump to help as well....

all the levels in the tank are at 0 right now....which is odd...but oh well...ill keep an eye on them cuz they are BOUND to change as things cycle...

i also added a 24in flouresent light into the stand over the sump...PAIN IN THE ARSE....trying to mount that while the sump and skimmer in there...and do it in an 9in opening...:doh: but got it in and workin...just gota get a different bulb for it...unless i ad chaeto to the sump then the plant growth bulb will be fine....

also ended up with about a 4in sand bed....so thats nice...didnt figure that 70lbs of sand would been that deep since im running 80lbs of sugar sand in the 75 and its only 2-3in....

i still gota get my molly added to the sump to help kick off the bacteria growth....so once i get things settled for her ill let yall know...

·
Registered
932 Posts
But, on a serious note. You have gotten to the fun part of the build where all of the manual labor part is done *although for me the plumbing is the fun part but, I'm wierd like that* and now you just get to sit back and watch it grow up. Those were the days...
Well if you really enjoy it I will take you on my next project of setting up 3 ten foot long tanks two FOWLR and one reef plumbed into two seperate sumps and in another part of the house

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Well if you really enjoy it I will take you on my next project of setting up 3 ten foot long tanks two FOWLR and one reef plumbed into two seperate sumps and in another part of the house
I actually do enjoy it that much... I'm just waiting to be able to do my own LONG tank (whenever I get around to actually ordering it).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts