The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have the blessing of the BOD to post this request:

A warrant has been issued for my arrest. I'll be locked up "for good". On June 26, if I cannot produce $2500 in bail money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, I'll be put in the slammer in the Maximum Appreciation section. If I do raise the bail, they will go easy on me :D

If you can donate, please send a check or money order, payable to Muscular Dystrophy Association (or MDA) and send it to me care of:

Imagine Ocean Aquarium Services, Inc.
111 Mountain Vista Blvd. A140
Canton, GA 30115

If you would like to donate by credit card, please contact me via email at jailorbail "at" imagine-ocean.com and provide me with a fax number and I will fax you a form to fill out and fax back to me. I also have forms for corporate donations, and corporate donations of $250 & $500 will be shown on UPN Atlanta during the Labor Day Telethon. Please don't fill my PM box.... I have enough trouble keeping track and keeping it emptied. You may also call or fax me (link to my shop is in my sig line.)

All gifts are tax deductible, and payable directly to Muscular Dystrophy Association.

Neuromuscular disease really became a personal issue for me lately, as shortly after I agreed to do this fundraiser, a friend's newborn was diagnosed with Neuromuscular Atrophy he'll be lucky to see his second birthday. Also, an online aquaintance of mine, on an unrelated discussion board, Mary Ann, shared with me, her story about her son, whom she recently lost to MD. She told me that MDA was an enormous help to her and her family, and that without MDA, her son would not have had the quality or length of life that he did have. He was 37.

This doesn't just happen to "somebody else". Please, if you can help, do.

The ARC community is tops for support for one another. I'm counting on you! Besides, if you don't donate, I'll be calling you from jail!! :funny:

Peace
Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey - pay to get me out, pay to keep me in - I don't care! :D Please, just donate!

I've got a challenge on my other website - send $1 if you like me, send $2 if you don't like me! I should have a huge stack of $2 checks in no time :D

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a single response from anyone. :( I'm beginning to think that there's some truth that reef club cheapskate stereotype :rolleyes: Say it isn't so!

Come on folks, crowbar that wallet open and throw me a dollar. Just one dollar. There have been over 70 views to this thread - one dollar each would be $70 and would make a big difference. The folks on my soap opera web board have thrown me about $300 so far, and the checks are still rolling in.

You aren't going to let a bunch of soap-opera-watching women show you up, are you?

Jenn

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
JennM said:
Not a single response from anyone. :( I'm beginning to think that there's some truth that reef club cheapskate stereotype... Say it isn't so!
A good Cause folks, it doesn't take much, and consider what may happen in Canton if Jenn is in jail...

OOOHHH!!!! the stench! :rolleyes: :p :p :rolleyes:

...I will pay your Tuesday for a hamburger today...

·
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I collected $16.80 at last night's meeting. Less than $1 average per person that signed in at the meeting ... Tom donated $20 earlier in the day (Thanks, Tom and all who gave!).

Every dollar counts... won't you help?

Jenn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts