The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some pond photos here so is my question what is the turn over rate for water movement in a 500gl pond. Looking for a waterfall pump. Now I am assuming it needs to be in the 2000 gl range. I am trying to help a friend and I dont believe the pump he bought serves his purpose. hopefully alice chimes in and gives me a little direction (she did put a pond together last year right).

thanks for any advice
ziggy

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
i do not know, sorry.

i think Danielle and Andy are putting a pond in at their house.

somehow i do not think that that much flow is necessary. i think aeration is more important than total flow. just what i remember hearing from someone on the street walking by a pond at an appartment community.:D

G~

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Geoff........Thank you..... what i remember hearing from someone on the street walking by a pond at an appartment community.
Thats funny, is that admissable as second hand info. I think were looking for a submersible pump and we can rig a bio filter for something like this. I know nothing about ponds and my friend had no idea I could do a search and find pumps for a 80Kgl pond and T it off to run the boudea(sure I spelled that wrong). I am not sure if I am looking for a pressure pump or circulating pumps.

thanks

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i was informed when setting up my pond, that it only needs to be turned over once per hour.

i went higher just to be safe, and put in a fountain and a hose on the venturi for aeration.

he also needs to be sure that at least 30% of the surface is covered by plants, to control temperatures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.