The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a few things from my LFS..and somehow the stuff ended up at OD..the problem i have is OD knew the order was not his! but refused to return it. got the airport involved and after 5 hours did get order from airport. I dont understand why someone would not return something to airport that he picked up not addressed to him. My coral is ok and all worked out in the end but seems like bad things always happen around my orders.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
I seriously doubt that OD stole the order on purpose... Both Ed and Kieth are stand up guys, and anyone who has done business with them will tell you that. I have a feeling that some of the information you got was skewed to help the airport cover their butts for handing out the wrong package. Besides, we really should not be slamming most peoples favorite local trt sponsor. So I am going to disagree with you on this one, cause I just got my order from od last night, and I would like to say Thanks to the guys at od for always being so friendly, helpfull, and willing to bend over backwards for you... if that is what you like..:funny:

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation for the mix up. There usually is, so lets not all jump to conclusions.:)

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Just curious what LFS did you order your stuff from Jason?

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
otolith said:
king kong is welcome to have his opinion, let's see if he's able to get an explanation. :)
Absolutelly.:) Sometimes though there is a conflict of interest between LFS's just like in any business;) . As I said before I am sure it is just one big misunderstanding and I am sure there is a perfectly good explanation for it.:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing to explain really..just sharing in the members area a really bad day yesterday. I ordered some items spacial from fish and friends..some lords, zoos, ect..for my brother. Well when fish and friends called and said be here at such and such a time to pick up my items so they are not unbagged and re bagged within a hour or two all hell broke loose! OD no doubt knew it was not their box..and no doubt they refused to return or allow pick up! OD might be everyones favorite place..thats wonderful..but when you get someone Else's stuff on purpose or on accident why would you refuse to return or allow pickup. like i said it is strange and i am only telling you what i know for fact. 1ST hand as i was at fish and friends waiting for order while OD was on speaker phone acknowledging that yes its not his box and he is keeping it. The only way i got coral was the airport had to go get it and deliver it to fish and friends after OD told the airport he had no way of knowing what items belong to the other order as he already added it to his tanks. I really am not sure how every time i trade or order something is always wrong.. i purchased most of gregs corals last year thinking i was helping him and getting some nice corals...most had flat worms..I have waited 1 1/2 years for a stupid sump.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David Grigor said:
I hope this wasn't second hand and that you talked to OD directly before making such a statement.
I am done talking about this..just was sharing a bad experince..unreal!

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
king kong said:
i was at fish and friends waiting for order while OD was on speaker phone acknowledging that yes its not his box and he is keeping it.

Wow, I am very sorry to hear of your bad day Jason, and I hope today has been better for you... I probably should have added that to the 1st post. Glad to hear you got everything... eventually anyway.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
redwinger said:
Absolutelly.:) Sometimes though there is a conflict of interest between LFS's just like in any business;) .
And even if it's a confict of interest, the "honorable" thing to do is make sure the wrong box, no matter how it ended up in the wrong place, gets to its rightful owner. :)

And I also agree to keep an open mind to see if there is another side to the story. :)

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
otolith said:
And I also agree to keep an open mind to see if there is another side to the story. :)
There always is and we all should have learned that by now ;)

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Jason......being completely neutral, do not get me wrong I like OD for the most part but I have no ties with them and they are just another LFS IMO (no offense meant of course Keith and Ed) I stop at all LFS for variety purposes but am mostly entertained by pricing there in comparison and the small talk I suppose, but being open minded about this....is it possible that they meant they had to gather info from invoices to decipher what whas what? Or did they just say it like "It is not mine but I am keeping it."? The important thing is it is all sorted out now, I was just thinking that because a higher volume store that just got done stocking anywhere from 4-12 boxes of coral, it would be hard to tell what came in which box. Assuming they did not notice it till it was put away. Sorry to hear of your bad day man. I know how it goes when you are waiting for something sweet and something causes a roadblock. How does your stuff look and what all did you get? Any pics?

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
no idea what is going on here...... but I have heard of things like this happening before with other LFS in the past....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
king kong said:
i purchased most of gregs corals last year thinking i was helping him and getting some nice corals...most had flat worms..I have waited 1 1/2 years for a stupid sump.
I may be WAY off here since I rarely post anymore, but a couple things.

1. Greg was (still is mind you) a stand up guy. If you have issues with him, I guess I just don't think that this is the place to air them.

2. As for waiting for a sump. That sounds completey unrelated. Why even bring that up?

mnreefgeek has now stepped off the soap box. Mind you I got to this thread and posted out of defense for one of the guys that helped me through this hobby in the beginning. I will continue to read and retract any statements as I see fit.

Hybernation is nice. Off to sleep I go.

Otol, cheers :beer:. PM me or call.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow I never knew one box of corals could cause such drama... Those of you that know me know that it is ridiculous to imply that I would take someone else’s corals and try to keep them or whatever the accusation is.

Here is the other side:

June 15th 9am - I innocently arrive at Delta Cargo to pick up my multi box order, same as I have done many, many times before without any mix-ups. I didn't notice this particular box was not our corals until half way through unpacking them, my bad I guess. Time 10:30 am.

I immediately call Delta and inform them that part of my shipment was messed up. I had some of the wrong corals and some of mine were missing. The guy responsible for the mix-up told me they still have one of my boxes and he said he will call me back about the box mistakenly given to me!! So I call my daughter at home and she is nice enough to go pick up my remaining box (which contained corals, blue tangs, and rabbitfish) at the airport.

Since I was at the store alone and my daughter was on a tight schedule there was no way I could repack what I had unpacked and get the box back to the airport before Ed was scheduled for work at 1:00 as the guy at Delta would have liked (so his *** would have been covered). I paid Sun Country (who uses Delta Cargo) a pretty penny to deliver this shipment from LAX to MSP and it is their responsibility to bring the correct packages to me when I pick them up at their facility, Sun Country management agrees. I never said I would not bring them back... I did say I could not possibly do so until afternoon.

OK, let’s get to this phone conversation!! Around 10:45/11:00 I get this phone call from a guy at Fish and Friends, whom I have never had any contact with ever as far as I know. I'm not even sure where this store is, I do know they are in the 763 area code. This guy was extremely belligerent and obnoxiously demanded I get his stuff back to the airport within one hour or else. It was obvious he was pissed and thought I had done him wrong somehow. He may be a perfectly nice guy, I don't know. I do know he probably SHOULD NOT have made that phone call! After he railed on me about "taking" his box from the airport the conversation went south in a hurry. I told him if he wanted to be reasonable we could come up with a solution. This guy was beyond rude so in the end I did tell him DO NOT come to my store to pick up the box and take all further communications to Delta or Sun Country. There is NO WAY I am going to invite someone acting so childishly to come and make a scene at my store. Somehow the conversation is interpreted as me saying I am going to "keep the corals", give me a break. KK, if you were really listening in on my phone conversation I am surprised you left out so much detail and the one thing you do mention is completely inaccurate. I am also surprised a business owner/manger/employee would choose to handle the situation this way and act in such a manner in front of a customer "on speakerphone".

Shortly after this downright disturbing 30 second phone call I then get a call back from Delta telling me that a Sun Country customer service rep is coming out to get the box. Great, wonderful, come on out... one thing, it won't be ready until 2:00 because that's when I will be able to have the box ready to go. It could have been maybe an hour or more earlier if I would have busted my *** big-time, but frankly I wasn't going to go out of my way after the way in which Mr FnF presented himself.

KK - I am sorry you had to wait for your corals, believe me it was a complete hassle for me to deal with too. It does sound like they were delivered to you in good shape, that's because I cared about the best interest of the corals and handled them accordingly.

I can't believe I have to stay up until almost 2am defending myself on TRT regarding this non public issue. Could have been handled much better in private, oh well.:(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts