The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently obtained an octopus (about a month ago). She hides most of the time but this morning she was more active so I was able to see more of her and it looks as though two of her tentacles are not moving and not changing color with her… is this a concern or normal??
Water Plant Underwater Purple Organism

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,431 Posts
Green Font Electronic signage Electric blue Midnight

I’m not experienced in them but would think it is a concern. Not just tentacles , but the fact that it more active then usual. May mean something not right.
how are the water perimeters?

·
Registered
221 Posts
What else is in your tank it might have fought with? I bought an Octopus years ago because they are so cool, within hours it killed a humu humu trigger and almost a Blue Koran as well, and I decided it was going back to the store in the morning. Then in the middle of the night I hear this huge THWOCK. I turn on the lights and its pinned my snowflake moray to the glass, I manage to chase it off but too late, it had punched a hole in the eel with its beak and was basically eating its entrails. Maybe its species dependent but I asked at the store and they basically said yeah, they can be very aggressive and obviously sometimes can lose the fight against an eel or a triggerfish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts