The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an Octo NW200, but it came with no paper work except a diagram showing how to put it together. I have had it running in my sump for a week and I can"t get it to put any skimmate out. I have lifted the output tube, but it either falls back down or something. The foam starts to rise then the next time I look it is down again. I really need it to put impurities out of the water.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
can anyone tell me how to set it up?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
It looks pretty good to me - good cloud of bubbles in the reaction chamber. If the outflow tube is falling down, then that's what's probably keeping you from developing a steady foam head. That's one of the reasons why the gate valve mod is so popular. In the meantime, I would try to rig something up to keep the riser in the same position. I find that if I keep the top of the water column at the base of the neck, I get good foam production.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Well Mine too about 2 month to completly break in. and It really was not consistant till I added the gate valve. Judging by the pic in your avitar your the fish list in your sig line you have little to no bio load. No poop no skim it's simple. :)

No if you have added fish and corals and are still getting no skim there may be a problem but it looks good like HNG said.

It's only been running for a week give it more time....

And IMO remove the silencer

·
Toyotaholic
6,700 Posts
I had the same issue with mine, it takes it several weeks to break in, just be patient. IMO would do the gate valve mod, it makes it so much easier to tweek instead of the stand pipe.

I try to keep my water level even with the joint in the neck so when I remove the collection cup the water level is even but not overflowing with the cup removed. But I prefer to skim wet.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
how would I add a gate valve?

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts