The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering does anyone know the oceans average temps?

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Atlantic? What about the Caribean?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
200 miles offshore in the southern Gulf of Mexico, the surface temp in early June is a fairly consistent 27.7. ;)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
What I think Casey is looking for is the average temp of of the areas in which the corals and fish we keep in our tanks are collected from....

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buzz_Hog said:
What I think Casey is looking for is the average temp of of the areas in which the corals and fish we keep in our tanks are collected from....
exactly Buzz thanks

·
1,262 Posts
No probs Casey..... I'm the universal interpreter specializing in ambiguous to concise translation... :funny:

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
No probs Casey..... I'm the universal interpreter specializing in ambiguous to concise translation... :funny:
LOL

Buzz, we were funnin with Casey. :funny:

Casey a good overall average would be around 80, give or take. But that's in the real world. In a closed system, remember temp controls the metabolism of the entire system.

·
1,262 Posts
I was doing the same.... but Shhhhhhhhh..... don't tell him that... he may think we like him.... :funny: :funny:

Spanky said:
LOL

Buzz, we were funnin with Casey. :funny:

Casey a good overall average would be around 80, give or take. But that's in the real world. In a closed system, remember temp controls the metabolism of the entire system.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright you guys give me the friggen temps ?:funny:

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
OK OK 80 +/-

How's that? rotfl

Casey the problem is, it depends on who's data you check and who you believe. Even ours is up for debate, the world is changing. That's what it does.

For example, last year MWT at this time was 72F, this year it's 84 right now, and two years ago it was 78.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks Spanky I know it is changn I was hoping you would say 80 plus although I know it is very debatable.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts