The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......HAPPY WEDNESDAY/HUMP DAY Y'ALL!

Wore myself out already lighting all them blasted candles on someone's birthday cake. ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG!

Coffee is up, and a coin toss....Frosted Pop Tarts, or Thomas's.....got to go find a coin, and I'll get back to Ya's.

A pretty summery day.....'They say'.

Peace, and giggly thoughts to All,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,644 Posts
Happy Birthday Doug!!

Started at 5 am again. It is supposed to be 96 degrees today. That is record high for around here this time of year.

have a great day Hack and others to follow today.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Good morning all,

first cup of coffee sitting outside on the patio.

I go to oncologist today to make up my missed appointment week,my back is sore today started yesterday. Lifting gas cans I think in and out of truck. Must have twisted wrong.
I all hyped up on the new generator. Can’t wait to get it hooked up.
Presley coming over for a little while today.
Have a great hump day

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, Perry, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast goodies, Hack. I’ll put out a fresh fruit cup for everybody’s enjoyment. No, it will be in the fridge so it’s nice and cold when you want some. I think I’m going to have some of Doug’s birthday cake for breakfast.

Looks like most of us will be in extreme heat wave today! Try not to get melted into a grease spot. If you do, pull yourself up and go to Rick’s place to take a dip in the pool and you will be restored. After that restoration head on over to Hack’s for more of the same.
Our humidity is 80% right now. Gag!

Jeff, take a tip from somebody that lives in The South… don’t grill out when it’s that hot! 110 heat index? Horrors! Of course, I may have done that whenI was younger……😂
Morning Hack & Perry. 88F is our high here today which is a little more than I agreed to. Oh well. I have a pool and cold beverages. I think I will survive.

Have a great day all.
That’s the spirit!

Good morning all,

first cup of coffee sitting outside on the patio.

I go to oncologist today to make up my missed appointment week,my back is sore today started yesterday. Lifting gas cans I think in and out of truck. Must have twisted wrong.
I all hyped up on the new generator. Can’t wait to get it hooked up.
Presley coming over for a little while today.
Have a great hump day
Oh boy that new generator is a sweet deal for you! Yeeeouch with your back!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Morning all, help your selves to cake, Fire Chief is my neighbor and he has the crew on standby for candle duty. Should be enough to nudge temps up past mid 70s they are calling for. Grands want to do burfday dinner tonight and try the pool, since the temps are gonna drop 10+ degrees tomorrow and through the weekend. Off to work in a few.
Have a great day all

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Well Heck dinner with kids is canceled one of them has stomach flu. GF got email from housing , they expect here to move up north in a week after 4 months of dragging feet.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,913 Posts
Saw the oncologist today, all is well and he also said he will sign off on my green card, if you get my drift. Lol

seahorse fry are eating mysis pretty good now, don’t have to chop it. It’s cool watching them dive for it

·
Super Moderator
28,205 Posts
Well Heck dinner with kids is canceled one of them has stomach flu. GF got email from housing , they expect here to move up north in a week after 4 months of dragging feet.
Ohhh noooo, Doug! Sorry to hear about the birthday dinner fizzling out due to one having stomach bug.
That sure does stink that Housing Authority gave your GF a week to move after being sooo slow for 4 months!

Vinnie, that’s great news from your oncologist! Now go have some of Doug‘s birthday cake to celebrate.

Jeff, I should not have ragged you about grilling out yesterday. I forgot that you used to work in an oven.🥵

Reactions: VWD

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Well without going into a rant about the Career Democrats up North and they dont give a dam about folks down here but Billions for junkies living on the street up North. Not surprised. i had high hopes for the day but it is Blah, withy sick kids and stressed lady friend daughter and I are having Nathans Hot Dogs and her tater salad ( she does it really well)
I still have this big choc Guinness Cheez cake

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ignore the world and ENJOY YOUR DAY.....sing to yourself, agree with everything them voices in your mind is saying, and go drink THAT CAKE!:cool:
Nathan's is a quality option in my book of groovy things Doug.....hold Yer head high!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now them of You's who know me a wee bit know I DON'T DO LEFT OVERS! .!

Now that being said. and still is the rule.......I am on day #4 of that there Smoked Pork loin I did Sunday.....DAY 3 of sandwiches. Made the announcement that 'I AM NOW DONE!'. But man was this thing COOL! The smokyness seems to increase each day......there's a pattern here.....I like my Scotch the same way, a 'peaty drink and sandwich....I've dies and gone to Scotland!:cool:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
Evening all,

Another hot n humid day, “feels like “ of 107 was claimed. Felt a bit better than yesterday, think the light breeze was the cause.

Had to fast etc for my 3 pm appt at the surgi-center to get the spinal stimulator swapped out for a new one ,, no biggie, but it’s different when it consciously don’t eat compared to “forgetting”.
Procedure went well IMO,,, new , never needs
To be recharged power source in my now… new remote is a small iPad 😳🤯. The biggest bestest part is, new device does not have the ‘lectric shock sensation going thru my bod like the old one ,, along the line of nano waves bla bla bla ,,, instead of this spark chaser feeling like he was getting shocked all the time. The rep turned it on,, asked me to tell her when I felt “it”,, yup, was the old shock thing again ,,,then she turned “it” off,, and said “ok, you are on now,,,” told her I did not feel the shock sensation,, then I learned I won’t,,,( and the shocks I was feeling was only for me to feel how much and where the new tech was at ) HUGE win IMO 👍🏼.
New device is shorting out/stopping pain sensations from reaching my brain,,now without the “ZZZZZZZ⚡⚡⚡💥”
Inna week to get follow up/ wound check and stitch remove all ,,, then I’m good to go .

Anesthesiologist gave me first dose of “happy juice” ( his words not mine ) prior to going to OR,,, asked if I “felt it” yet,, told him nope( he raised a eyebrow )
Guess I got a 2nd dose later and a 3rd “on the table”
Told I was fine/not feeling “different “ ,,,short of numbing incision site of course, I was awake/alert for the whole thing ( and entered in the conversations the team was
Having during the procedure)
In recovery, anesthesiologist was telling the nurse info for her charting ,, she said “wow , you got a lot of “happy juice” ,, now her words ,haha” ,,, told her “ I’ve had better” 😂😂😂😂. Musta being I’m a veteran with pain/meds and mebbe had a tolerance built up 🤷🏻‍♂️

So no heavy duty efforts/sweating for a week ( stitch awareness and wound site bandage and can’t “shower” that week,, birdbaths it is then)
I think I can keep things just under the normal “ overdoing “ for a week,, I hope🤔🤷🏻‍♂️🙄.

On to the evening, hope everyone had a good one 👍🏼

1 - 20 of 20 Posts