The Reef Tank banner

Pick a Date! (Times, not dates, could vary if needed)

• Saturday Nov. 3rd @ 3pm

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Sunday Nov. 4th @ 1pm

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Saturday Nov. 17th @ 3pm

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Saturday Dec. 1st @ 3pm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday Dec. 2nd @ 1pm

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone!

Claire and I have been talking and we can hold the November meeting. I am posting a poll to see which day will work best for everyone. I am also inviting the Eau Claire and Rochester Clubs to join us as well. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Earlier in the month would work better for us...Can do either saturday or sunday and time really doesn't matter a whole lot.

Cary

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
The 2nd weekend of the month would work best for Jen and I. As she has had to miss the last two meetings. The first one she missed because she had to take her folks to the airport for their trip (Chris B's meeting). And the one here at my house she missed because she's working towards her masters degree. Her last class for this semester ends the first weekend in November and I know that she would really enjoy being able to meet all of you not to mention being able to see some other tanks from around the area.

Either Saturday or Sunday also works for us. If it's Sunday then it doesn't matter as her classes are Friday nights and Saturday's.
Jason

p.s. if it is on Saturday if you could push it back one hour then it would still work (thus I voted for Saturday the 3rd as well) *I think she's done at 4:00 so I guess she could always just show up later if she wanted to come*

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Shooting for a Sunday since Allison does not work on Sunday's which means I don't have to find a babysitter

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt, you should see if John would be interested in coming to my meeting. I haven't seen him in some time now.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Yep, I was hoping he would come to Jason's house, but he got busy. I think I'll be able to talk him into coming to yours. He may want a frog/hammer. Heck, I may want another Frog after seeing the color in Jason's!

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I should have a few things available by the time of Chris's meeting. I'll have some zoa's. I'm still up in the air if I'm going to sell off one of the frags of the candy canes or wait until I can frag them one more time seeing they are doing so well in my tank. But, November is still a long time away so they might be able to be split again by that time.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I think Liz would kill me. 2 reef club meeting in a row the 27th and the 3rd ...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just wanted to put this out there. I am hoping for my meeting that we get a good turn out as I would like to see lots of frags avail for sale or trade and any new/ used goods you may have. It sounds like we have several people just starting out new systems or looking to expand so this could be a great time to part with some of those extras you have at home.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
It's unlikely that I will be able to make a sat the 3rd meeting :(
We (actually my kids) have a big home swim meet, and a play that afternoon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Chris, I am hoping to make the meeting this time, so far any dates look OK. I will have a few leather frags to trade, also if anyone wants any halimeda, let me know, I have a sump full. I will be looking for some sps and lps as Chris B. has helped me get my reef much more coral friendly. Looking forward to seeing your setup.

John

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
As far as equipment I still have all the lights for sale and I have a SCWD for sale. For Frags, I don't have a whole lot started right now, I can probably do more of the Pink Polyp, and I will hopefully have 1 of the Pipe Organ (called it Clove Polyp before) it should be attached to the rock, I believe that Crusier wanted one and I did frag the bubble, seems to be doing good and I think Cruiser also mentioned that he wanted one of those. The only other one that I have started is the other green/brown polyps and another Devils Finger. Right now I will only plan on bringing the ones that are accounted for already. Unless I have specifc requests.

Let me know if anyone has some interest....

Cary

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cary,

A frag of the pink or clove polyps would be great, also the bubble. If anyone has some bright zoas, I still have too much brown, green, could use more color.
John

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
I have some nice looking Orange Zoas with Bright Orange Center. Here's a pic of them if you would be interested... I could break out a section of them if you wanted... Can probably make 3 frags out of what I have 2 would be available and I would keep one for myself as that would be my whole colony. I also have one very small colony in my 70 gallon that I'm going to bring into my 125 as it's not prospering in that tank due to lacking in light intensity.

jason

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
If someone else has a larger colony go with them first as my colony will just continue to increase but, if no one else has any available then I'll be willing to thin mine up a bit.

But, I do have some Brown Zoa's with Brown and Orange Centers available right now. One nice colony already attached to a piece of LR. The colony is 75-100 polyps already and has been growing steadily and nicely. This colony can be broken up very easily into as many as 4-5 pieces really. Tell me if anyone is interested. If someone either wants pieces of it or the entire thing we can work something out as far as trade.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Cary - I'd be interested in your orange pipe organ if you still have one available.

Everyone else - I am planning on making it to the meeting, but won't guarantee it at this point. If anyone wants any frags out of my tank, let me know, otherwise I am not planning on bringing anything since it is a pain to get stuff out since I can't view things very good from the front at this point yet. BTW - Everything is still looking good, so hopefully I can host the January meeting.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Brian,

I will start a frag of the Pipe organ for you, I am trying to get them started on small rocks so they don't blow around so easily.

Cary

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Having it attached would be nice. If you don't have one for me at the November meeting, January would work as well.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am leaving the poll up until Oct 31st, but here is my current thought. Just looking at the poll, it looks like Sat. the 3rd is winning. However ,after reading up on all the posts, it sounds like Sunday would be better. Would anyone be terribly upset if the meeting took place Sunday (Nov 4)? Saturday may be winning due to the Eau Claire and Rochester Clubs' availability, but since I have kept this poll anonymous, I cannot tell who voted for what. I am not saying that is what is happening, but as I read the posts, most of the people who are commenting on Sunday are apart of LARK. Let me know what you guys think.

Chris W

1 - 20 of 52 Posts