The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stand building?

Ok ok I know, I have spent 3 months working on this stupid thing, and I even had a portion of the lumber cut for me. The truth is its been sitting most of this time.

The good news is, the tank is in the house, set up, and I am working on the doors today. The Iwasaki's have been ordered and should be here in the middle of next week. I have a 200g bucket of IO sitting at the pet store ready to pick up. Placed my order yesterday to reeferrocks.com and should have 60lbs of base rock headed this way some time next week.

Soon as all this comes together I will get some pics posted, just wanted everyone to know I didn't fall off the face of the earth...

BTW, spent a day at the san diego zoo this past sunday, Ill get some pics up in margaritaville later tonight or tomorrow. Got some pretty good shots of the giant panda's.

Dave

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Hey Dave glad everything is going well with you and that your tank is coming together and we anxiously await pics of your progress and going to the zoo!:)

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
Hey Dave, I think we went to the same school of "Why do today what you could do tomorrow, or the next day, or the next week." I just stained my stand today, and it was built ~5 mos ago.
Derek

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
dave good news buddy!!!!!

we're still running (or walking) right next to each other!!

i ordered my cls pump tonight. ordered a skimmer and possibly a pump from casey. and ordered my display and refugium overflows from reefmania. all should be here next week.

getting the acrylic at home depot tommorrow to section off my sump. and put in my weirs. also picking up the last of my plumbing.

picking up my ro/di next week. and ordering another 60 pounds of base rock (havent decided between reeferrocks or hirocks) next week as well.

bringing the tank in next weekend, and tearing down the old one. but most likely will not have water in it until the following week, when the rocks and ro/di unit are here.

looks like the race might be on after all :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.