The Reef Tank banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
47,200 Posts
Evening all, done with work, heading into town and trying to get a new pair of sneakers.

·
Super Moderator
22,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Afternoon/evening all,
The knee is still reminding me of my age and abuse I’ve subjected it to over the years . A few or more pound less would help too but that is anudder story.
Sit down grub stop in town , the waitress seems to start to know me /what I’d be ordering etc. I’ll let it slide that she brought over a different hot sauce than Tabasco , it’s a *onday, heheh. Close to a 50% tipper seems to etch in a waitresses brain more so than a buck or two token tip. She keeps up on filling my coffee and all that stuff, so I have no problem tipping nicely , geez, it’s only $5 . The usual customers that only get coffee each and every day ( I call it the farmer’s convention) prob don’t tip worth beans .
Timed it right to stop at the in town tire place, small bizness man/ local owner, to check out the drivers rear tire losing 10PSI every 24 hrs. Ended up being a nail and the guy broke down the tire off the rim to apply a legit patch compared to a “plug “ I woulda/coulda done myself. Was worth the $20
Instead of me dealing with it DIY.
THEN, I picked up a 14’ two axle landscape /utility trailer at the TSC in town also ( one town/stop shopping ). Followed me home nicely, a second axle helps things back there.

Moving the sprinkler around in the dog’s back yard, heat and-very little rain is wanting to brown stuff out.

Dunno what tomorrow has in store for me, will deal with it as it comes around .

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
THEN, I picked up a 14’ two axle landscape /utility trailer at the TSC in town also ( one town/stop shopping ). Followed me home nicely, a second axle helps things back there.
Nice haul Jeff! 👍 See what I did there?

Slow nights are AWESOME Vinnie.....love em when they slide this way. Came home to a pool full of kids without a volume control.......just the right pitch to rattle in the brain. They went home, and now peace prevails!

Cheeseburgers for those healthy eaters amongst us.....and MONSTER B+W malts if'n you finish yer dinners.

I think I failed as a parent, my son using a claw hammer on a transmission.
Thought THAT was tongue n cheek Vinnie,,,,,,When I worked on 'land', I had fancy schmancy 'roll-a-ways' and all the pretty tools thieves could ever want to steal. Working on boats, around salt water......yeah, canvas bags that last 2 seasons at best, and every job the bilge claims a handful of my tools. So Snap Ons are out, and Harbor freight is the industries go to.

A 'claw hammer' is a wonderful quality up grade to a 4X4, or a 12" 'adjustable hammer'. Ain't pretty, but I WILL get you home. Jumping between boats, hoofing tools from one end of a marina to another.....you learn to carry 'essentials'.

Hope a swell night greets All,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Nice haul Jeff! 👍 See what I did there?

Thought THAT was tongue n cheek Vinnie,,,,,,When I worked on 'land', I had fancy schmancy 'roll-a-ways' and all the pretty tools thieves could ever want to steal. Working on boats, around salt water......yeah, canvas bags that last 2 seasons at best, and every job the bilge claims a handful of my tools. So Snap Ons are out, and Harbor freight is the industries go to.

A 'claw hammer' is a wonderful quality up grade to a 4X4, or a 12" 'adjustable hammer'. Ain't pretty, but I WILL get you home. Jumping between boats, hoofing tools from one end of a marina to another.....you learn to carry 'essentials'.
Took me a second, but I got it Hack, haha.

As a steel mill spark chaser, I got into the habit of carrying a tool pouch /bag sized pipe wrench for the last 25 or so of my 36 yrs working. Production ( and some of my fellow ‘lectricians) would ask why I carried a pipe wrench, my go to response was “because I USE it!!” . As a hammer( my co-worker/buddy also carried a pipe wrench) which when a limit switch “needed” it’s cover taken off and the screws were so far past being useable( and we needed to work ASAP, on the innerds) a pipe wrench fit the bill just fine. Also used it on non plumbing/pipe related needs. and it did me well over the years. Since I had it so long, when I retired I took it home with me. Poor thing has a slight sideways “bend” to it, I called it character. Dunno how it came to having a slight arc to it, prob was not one job, but many over its service. When I use it here in the shop, it’s like having a old friend in my hands again, and remember our history together.

G’night TRTrs!

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
826 Posts
Wow!! just hopped on here after probably 6 years. Nice to hear from you all, glad you guys kept these daily posts alive, hope you all are well!!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
Hi Gary! Hope to see you pulling up a chair in the mornings with us around the TRT Training Table......again!
Hack

21 - 28 of 28 Posts