The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early morning all,
One of the old knees here is giving fits. Thought it was tended to properly when I hit the pillow around 10pm, but getting up /awake every hr and a half because of it was not cool.
A few times I checked the clock, thinking it was close to usual wake up time, but ended up only being NOT. Finally gave up (dawgs are still crashed in the bedroom, thought I would turn the table and wake THEM up for a change but guess I’ma nice guy).

Knee ice pack setup currently on the bum knee(I rarely use cold treatment, but I’m desperate). Weird pain/symptoms, crazy dull to ache overall in the front of the knee but also a pain and “pulled” scenario at the back of the knee , at times radiating to the foot and upward to one of the two things I sit on.
Can’t lay blame as to what caused all this, but leaning towards around the time I was relocating the felled pine trees at the road. I did some moving some 6-8’ hunks to get em on or near the Deere’s fork arms for pickup. Recall a few times a torque’d leg/knee/bod situation while standing on pine needles undergrowth , soft and lumpy bumpy.
Hoping it’s a result of that activity, and will heal itself.
The plan today was grab grub in town when they open, take the truck to the local tire /tire fix place and wait for it ( thought about taking the tire off myself and lug it to the place in the Honda ( of mebbe plug a leak myself).
Seems there are more things jumping ship from DIY to paying someone doing it for me.
Then, a short trip down the road to TSC and purchase a 14’ double axle utility trailer ( them saying they have it in stock sealed the “get it now” thing.Also pondered getting permanent license plates for the truck and now the trailer also while I was in town. Have 40 out of 45 days left on the temp truck plate, no hurry to tend to that.

Max the long dawg Doxie figured out I was not
Coming back to bed and was whining at the hallway gate to get sprung. The rest of the pack is not missing a beat crashed out in the bedroom ( tho I now hear a new whiner trying to get my attention , geez)

No coffee made yet, but will shortly in case
Anyone is in need.

Hope everyone has a great day. Me ? , I am just hoping for a less grumpy knee.

• Sad
Reactions: cath

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
Good *orning, and SORRY to hear of the pain report Jeff.
HAPPY *ONDAY TO ALL!

I've got us covered with the coffee Jeff, you just keep your leg iced.
A pretty day, hitting 90 and sunny.

Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts for a grab n go.
High hopes for All,
Hack

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
Good morning *orning Jeff, Hack and all TRT.

Sorry to hear about your knee, when I first read one of the old knees, I was thinking he got younger knees, too early for me.lol
Thanks for the coffee Hack.
Rain in the forecast for today. How much I haven’t checked with the weather report.
im going to sit back and enjoy this coffee for now.
Have a good *onday

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Good mawnin’, Jeff, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT,

Thanks for the coffee and Blueberry PopTart, Hack. Fresh peach and walnut oatmeat is ready. It tastes like peach cobbler. Yummmm...

Jeff - Big Ouch with your knee! I hooe that ice, rest, and vitamin I helps. Hope you don’t have too many stairs to manage today.

Vinnie - I hope your rain is not a frog-strangler.

Sophie has had poop accidents the last two mornings. I believe it’s related to the new big, mean desk in in the den that’s right next to her box, so I lured her in there with a treat. I’ll see how it goes.

Lots of,Ive and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,609 Posts
And yer point?
Hack 🤔 :cool:

·
Premium Member
25,282 Posts
And yer point?
Hack 🤔 :cool:
My point is I’m a good mechanic, I’ve built transmissions , standard and automatics for years , I even owned a transmission shop and have been shop Forman in other, now this was years ago, but I still do them on the side from time to time. Jacob has been around them and me all his life. You would think with my tools he would pick the correct one.

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
Good *orning Cath.

I imagine it could be the move that has Sophie having accidents, it will probably get better.
Thanks for your encouragement

Sophie was great for the first week. Then my brothers and SILs visited and lots of goings on. That got her confused.

I think I failed as a parent, my son using a claw hammer on a transmission. View attachment 242025
Ack ! Did you ask Jacob about his too choice?

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
264 Posts
Sorry Vinnie, I feel your pain. As a father of two sons I get it. The claw hammer gets me. Every. Time.

My other favorite is when my wife will use my good Klein screwdrivers to open a can of paint.

·
Administrator
47,203 Posts
Morning all day 2 at work. Coworker on light duty. Sorry to hear about the knee Jeff, I feel your pain. I know I have to pace myself and watch how I move.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Morning to everyone. Was an early start for me. We got 2” of rain last night and a construction trench beside the hotel filled with water and was leaking in at 3am. Pump is in there now and the water is almost out. Gonna have a bowl of Mr. Noodles and have a nap on the couch with the dogs.

Canuck Thanksgiving is in a month and traditionally I host the whole family. Everyone is too busy at Christmas so it has become our annual family meal. It looks like we will end up with around 27 people at one table. It is always as rediculous as it is noisy and fun.

I wanna get the 120g up and running for them, it is still cycled and fresh water. If I use the dry rock will it hurt it? I want to be able to use it for a reef later. I am guessing it will just have to be cooked and cured when I do? I have a bunch of native rock I can use but that rock is really pretty. Store it or use it?

·
Registered
264 Posts
No I had to put my plans for the reef on hold for a bit Vinnie. My folks are both in their 80’s and live in their own. Medically and with declining abilities it looks like I will be spends lot of time there and quite likely moving them here. Just not going to have the time to devote to the tank. The fresh water set up only requires an hour weekly if that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nope, you got it right. Gonna be a community tank so I’ll use the native rock I have and just store the live rock for now.

·
Super Moderator
27,353 Posts
God afternoon, everyone!

Cath, I gave up asking, him and his friends use my garage all the time on one project or another. A few years ago they rebuild a engine from a Mazda Miata, Jacob and Trevor both working on it. They left the oil pickup loose, next morning it threw a rod.
jacob is building a mustang fox body now,
Sigh...I guess that’s the way you learn (hopefully).

Rick - Your tradition for Canuck Thanksgiving sounds great! Lots of people and lots of fun!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts