The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have like a bundle of tube-looking things on this one part of my rock and has like 4 hair-like things coming out of each of them i will try to get a picture soon,

it had come on a piece of LR that i bought from someone on TRT, and thought it was dead cause it was out of the water for like 2 days or 3

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think that I have the same thing in my 30 gallon. They are white tubes with little hairs at the ends of them. I have a bunch of them on one rock and it looks like there are some on another rock. I can't get a pic of them, so I hope you can. I'm also wondering what they are.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they almost look like a spionid but with more tentacles, but thnx for remindin me about that link

·
Registered
3 Posts
petunia,from what i can see of your photo,its an urn sponge,i think some people call them a pinaple something.anyway its harmless,do a search for urn sponge and see it other photos look like what you have.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Hmm, I guess it is a sponge but it sill looks like a tunicate to me. Odd thing about them is that they have only one pump hole.

Maybe it is a tunicate that is named Scypha sponge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts