The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! Hows everything? Good? Thats good! Well, I'm sure you don't want to hear more about Predator Tanks, except buzz :D , but I was wondering what size tank and what type/size skimmer would be reccommended if I wanted to keep the following,

Snowflake Eel,
Cowfish,
Puffer,(don't know what type, any suggestings?)
1 or 2 Dwarf Lions,
and maybe a Picasso Triger

Thanks everybody!!!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I wouldn't do anything less than a 6' tank and bigger if you could. With all of those messy eaters and poopers together, the more water the better.

Use a substrate you can syphon or bare bottom and lots of rock. I'd run an over rated skimmer and possilby a Fluval or other cansiter along with it. And a UV. Cowfish and puffers are prone to skin ailments and are hard to treat medically. I'd also quarantine the puffer and the cowfish beforehand and deworm them. They are prone to internal parasites.

I'm horrible with specific equipment recommendations so I'll let someone else speak to those.

Alice

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Shoot! I was thinking more in the 72 gallon range, unless I could get a really tall tank, thats all the room I've got, The nice space is already taken with the reef!!! Would I be able to skip the whole overflow/wet-dry thing and just have the skimmer fed by a submerged pump in the tank or is a wet dry needed? Would a snowflake, small cowfish, and dwarf lion work in a 72? Thanks!!!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I was only suggesting the wet/dry along with the skimmer with the first stocking list you posted because that's a lot of load on a system. Predatory fish foul the water quickly.

But you could easily do the snowflake, dwarf lion and one of the small species of cowfish in a 72. Cowfish are hard to care for, and a couple of them get very large so double check the species of cowfish and its' care requirements before deciding on one. They are neat looking though and can be quite "pet like." :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I fell in love with this cute, probably 4 in yellow cowfish that is a pet of my LFS. He is in this 800gal indoor "pond" in the middle of the store. He always comes up to the surface and spits water at you. His name is Fred. SO CUTE!!!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know what size/type tank i could get considering I have 41inx20in footprint to work with. And CC or sand for a predator tank? And is the overflow/wetdry neccessary? hmm... questions, questions. :D Thanks all!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buzz I know you're out there! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts