The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· I've got the REEF rash!
64,175 Posts
The reason I asked because I read that he had a set up(don't know what kind).And didn't like the clarity,so he got a used wet/dry.Then he said" Seems his is preferred if you have fish and corals".which I looked at it as "him" was the guy who he got the wet/dry from.So I wanted to know what his tank was.If it was a FO then use it as a wet/dry(as filter)If it was anything else then I'd say take the balls out and use it as a sump!Sorry,I wasn't sure from what he wrote!You can never assume what someone is thinking if it's not typed out unless you saw his setup and know more then what is typed!

· I've got the REEF rash!
64,175 Posts
When you deal with a newbi,you can't assume.The best example I know is I was at a LFS and they couldn't figure why this guys fish kept dieing!Everything tested ok.I figured it out by asking him tons of questions and finally figure out by him telling me that after he tested with all his test he dumped it into the tank instead what most would dump down a drain.What we take for granted ,they don't know.Everybody level is different. P.S. I'm a bad speller(spell check) can't figure out what I'm trying to type some times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.