The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran a water test and noticed my ph was a little low - 7.4ish, maybe a little higher. I had heard about using baking soda, but wanted some advice before I ran out and put anything in my tank. I know I can get all sorts of "ph correct" buffers through an LFS or online. however I'm a bit low on funds at the moment (waiting for it in the mail). Is there a safe, non buffer way to increase ph? or should I just wait until I make an order with foster and smitts and just throw some buffers in?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
IMO, Regular water changes are a great way to rest all of your water perameters. Including your PH.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im in the same boat. My reserve saltwter for changes are also in the 7's. I havent seen any changes yet, but i started putting limewater in my topoff. Mrs wages pickling lime is about $5 for a pound and i started with 1tsp/ gallon in my topoff

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have herd if you have a skimmer run the air intake house out side the house. Have not tried it myself but thinking about trying it

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have herd if you have a skimmer run the air intake house out side the house. Have not tried it myself but thinking about trying it
heard about this too, just make sure to put a filter in the airline.
trying to figure out how to put a hole in the wall without my wife killing me.. or finding out..

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
There is a reason why the PH is low. If you buff it up the problem that is pulling it down will just send it right back to where it is now. Possibly in 24 to 48 hrs. I suggest you try getting some fresh air to the tank first before you go drilling holes and ending up on the sofa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts