The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated last night, all nominations for officers need to be in by the October meeting. We will vote in November.

The positions to be voted on are:

President

Vice President

Treasurer

Secretary

Please think about if you would like to serve the club in any capacity. We also need volunteers for the following positions:

Meeting Corrdinator

Membership coordinator

Please see Charles' thread on qualifications and duties
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24198

If you have any nominations, please post them here. If you nominate someone, make sure you have spoken to them so it isn't a shocker....Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the first nomination ....

Curtis Wright (wasabi)--President

I have spoken to Curtis and he has said he will run for President. I think everyone knows Curtis and or his tanks and his generosity with coral frags over the last year or so. He is already on the BOD as a trustee, so he knows the ins/outs of the club.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Just to let everyone know --- this is an election so it's OK to have more than one nomination for a position might actually make it a little more exciting.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Just to keep everyone on track --- in order to run for an elected position the member must have attended 4 meetings in 2003. The Nov. meeting when the actual election is held could count twords one of the four. This positions are President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer.

There are also three appointed positions that don't have any attendance requirements other than must be a member in good standing. These positions are Membership coordinator, Meeting coordinator, and Web Master 2. These positions are appoineted by the newly elected President with the approval of the newly elected BOD. SO if anybody is interested in the three positions please just make your intention know and someone on the current BOD will get in touch with you in order to discuss that position.

Also even if all the positions get filled and somebody wants to help lead the club in its future direction I'm sure the new BOD can find ways for that person to help out. Just let someone on the current BOD know this (PM or e-mail me is fine as I'll also be on next years BOD per the by-laws)

I'll second the nomination of Sally for secretary.

As for Rob --- I spoke with him yesterday. As most of you know Rob is our current webmaster who designed and implemented our fine website. That is a full time volunteer position. Rob is interested in continuing to be the Web Master 1 position and we as a club are very interested in him remaining in that position . The current website is only partially completed in it's functionallity and Rob is very excited about getting some help with website updates (web master 2 position) so that he may finish designing and implimenting the other features of the website as he has invisioned it. With all that said Rob will have plenty of work on his hands so it is probably not practical for him to also be in the VP position.

·
Banned
2,520 Posts
wasabi said:
i nominate mafiaman for secretary
Thank you wasabi but I must decline:(
Two reasons first as CK points out I do not meet the 4 meeting requirment.

Secound I travel with my company alot so chances are I would not be in town when needed.

That woman who follows me around is quickbooks certified and a book-keeper ,she's more suited for a position. (maybe next year)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
VP nomination

Although I heard at our last meeting (@ FS&M) that Ray (aka Ray1214) had been nominated for VP, I'd like to make it official by nominating him for Vice President in this post.

I've spoken to him and he's willing to run.

Bob

·
Registered
945 Posts
I thought Sally was running for V President.........not secretary
charles ............and i second that for Sally as V President

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'd love to be the membership coordinator if you need one;rather than run for VP. ( I think Ray would make a fine VP ) I'm not sure what is all involved though, but sure I could handle it :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts