The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally finished.

As of now, the rest of the sand that was under the rocks is gone, the old rocks are gone, the starboard is down on the bottom of the tank, the new rocks are in place (more or less), and there's all new water.

:D

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
Yup,,,PICS!;) :D

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's flat on the bottom Don, and about 30-40,000gph of flow. :)

Today I have to clean and polish the hood, it's on the living room floor still. Clean and change the bulb in the UV. Finish cleaning the sump. Change all the filters in the RO/DI. And a few other things.

Then, I can take pictures. The other rocks were boulder type, these are all flat branches. Totally different look too.

:)
(it was a killer job Jon)

Bob and Jeff will see it in person soon enough. LOL

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
Spanky said:

Bob and Jeff will see it in person soon enough. LOL
this is true !!! can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.
:D :D :D :D :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
When's Bob coming down Jerel?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
OK I'm out of the loop here but what's a starboard? (I thought it was one side of the boat??? :confused: )

I'm glad I never had a DSB. ;)

Jenn

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
From their site:

"KING STARBOARD® is a unique, superior marine grade polymer sheet, environmentally stabilized to resist harsh sun and sea conditions, including ultraviolet light."

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK - and the pioint of putting the starboard on the bottom of the tank is...? Just trying to get a sand colored bottom w/o any sand?

Blue

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Two reasons for me. I don't like that glass look, and now I don't have to worry about rock slides or dropping a rock on the bottom.

Got the hood cleaned and back on, UV cleaned, skimmer prefilter cleaned, sump cleaned, everything under the cabinet cleaned - do the RO/DI tomorrow.

I'll show you guys a picture after dinner.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
What's for dinner? I'm starving....

Jenn

1 - 20 of 41 Posts