The Reef Tank banner

Keeping a nem

• Yes! Get a nem!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! You will kill it!

• Their is a 50/50 chance it will stay alive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LFS has a really nice GBTA and A RBTA. I have always wanted a nem and I checked and they are both eating and the Green one is hosting a clown. I have a 75g reef tank, but I am worried because my nitrates range between 20-25ppm. I know some people have run successful reef tanks with levels like that but I was wondering if it would be safe to house a nem in. My plane was to drip accumulate the nem for 12 hours to slowly accumulate it to the high nitrates. What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
46,681 Posts
wouldn't, till you get a handle on tank and params. I have never had good luck with them but they seem to do best in well established lagoonal type tanks, way too iffy for me. Mind you it has been 10 years since my last so Don't take me as gospel

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
i really like the rainbow bta. I have one purchased sitting at the lfs until my tank gets well established. The shop owner told me they need stable homes and well established ecosystem that tells me there picky about there homes. But man are they pretty D3C77E71-2499-4F8C-9092-8AF34788278C_1526866929267.jpeg

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
My LFS has a really nice GBTA and A RBTA. I have always wanted a nem and I checked and they are both eating and the Green one is hosting a clown. I have a 75g reef tank, but I am worried because my nitrates range between 20-25ppm. I know some people have run successful reef tanks with levels like that but I was wondering if it would be safe to house a nem in. My plane was to drip accumulate the nem for 12 hours to slowly accumulate it to the high nitrates. What do you guys think?
do you know what the levels are in the LFS tank that it's currently in?

J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts