The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone;
just wanted to give you all an update on my bio ball removel. I've removed most of my bio balls and place a few LR from my tank into my wet dry sump. I went to the pet shot to pick up some dead rock to place in there as well. The salesman talked me into trying this new product:eek: PURA NitrateLock. I've known this guy for several yrs and have bought several products from him before so I trust:eek: his advise. He told me they have been using it in thier tanks for a few weeks now and love it. I promised to wait 24 hrs before I retest the nitrates. I hoping between the bio balls being removed and this new product my nitrates will finally start to drop. Have any of you heard of Pura NitrateLock?
Thanks for all the help everyone:wavey:

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Large water changes would bring it down. I don't believe in snake piss addititives that claim to be the magic fix. I have never seen one work yet......

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
I am with Dr. Z on this one, those additives are a scam. What also worries me is that this Salesman said that he has been using it for weeks and has seen results already, It will take much longer than a few weeks to be able to tell if a product is working or not. The best thing to do is more waterchanges. Also how old is your sandbed if you have one?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started with a 120 fish and lr tanks we moved in nov a cpl of moths later the 120 started leaking so I moved evrytning into a new 150. The fish LR LS everything most of the water. I decided to change it to a fish and reef tank with a wet dry. I joined TRT about a week ago and after posting a thread decided to take out the bio balls and through some rubble in the wet dry and thats what brought me to the pet shop today to pick up rubble and dead rock for my wet dry

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your prob right I should have just removed the bio balls and put in some LR. Ive done several larg water changes and my nitrates just climb back up. Since joining TRT I've found out I have too many fish and I was feeding them to often.
Thanks for responding to my posting

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
Are you going to use PURA Nitratelock? If so, please let us know how it works.

And for the record, I am in the water change camp like the posters above. :)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be glad to let you know. I put the bag in about an hour ago and will check leveals tomorrow night. I've done large water changes Ive also cut back on the feeding of my fish. I also know I have too many fish. 2 weeks ago I change 40 gallon and within 2 days it was back high. After chattng with some of the folk here I do beleive the problem is my bio balls. Ive taken most of them out so I'm hoping to see results soon. I know I prob shouldnt have bought the Pura NitateLock but the salesman swore up and down that this stuff works so I figured give both a try thr pura and the bio balls.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
wow, your really changing alot of things in your tank, your nitrates should plummet, no matter if the stuff works or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts