The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

C'mon...somebody out there knows....PLEEEEEASE.......

and i was mistaken...the camera is 2 1/2 years old with my choice of either of these 2 macro lenses for $100 and $200 respectively.

nikkor 105 1.8

28-85 3.5 af nikkor

HELP. Hes asking $450 for the camera and he sounds like a professional so the camera has probalby been used quite a bit...but its probably been taken care of as well...........although he says the macro lenses are new as he downt do much as far as macro shots. Hes bringing the camera over later today so i can test drive it. He doesnt sound like he cares all that much if he sells it or not......which i like.

Should i buy them both(lenses)????? Do all of these prices sound reasonable. The only thing i do know is that it would cost me well over double were i to buy this stuff new.........

any advice to this newbie appreciated

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geoff said:
most of the sites i have been reading about the 100D is that it is better to get a new D-70 or even a D50. the technology has changed so much that the D100 is just not a good choice economically.

G~
i already bought it for less than 1/3 of what a new d-70 with comparable lenses would have cost.

Thanks though.........now i just have to figure out how to USE it:freak:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've owned a D100 D200 D1x and D2x . . . . just sold the D100 with stock lens to a friend for $450- it was a good deal for both of us. I have a d1x for sale if your interested, looking to get 750 for it.

Geoff- being a professional photographer I would take my D100 out on a shot ANYDAY over my buddies D70- I've used um both (put over a quarter million shots through the D100) and the D100 outperform every time. It is an outstanding camera. That being said, yes technology has changed and that's why I've upgraded to the D2x and D200 but the D100 is still rock solid and will out perform many cameras on the market today.

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, but i ended up paying 550 for hte d100 with two lenses, one of which was a nikkor 105 2.8 or something......i sold that lens in 2 hours on ebay and it nearly paid for my Tamron macrolens..........it actually sold so fast at my buy itnow price that i think i probably could have gotten quite a bit more for it...:freak: :doh:

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81425

check it out...this was my first day with the new lens........

lessthanlights, although being a camera noob, i am very pleased with those photos, but being a pro photographer yourself....critique and or any advice you have is VERY welcome

i have a hard time with the white balance. Any suggestions or tips appreciated ......:)

the settings are tough when you are clueless

·
Registered
14 Posts
I actually own a D100. I prefer it over the D70....it sounds like a good price. The macro is a great price. I hope to upgrade my own D100 soon....I may go with a D80 or D200. I'm partial to my Tamron 90 mm Macro.

·
Registered
325 Posts
a freind of my girlfreinds tried to sell her his used d70 for $500 with no lenses, im geussing that was a ripoff?

·
Registered
2 Posts
no that not a rip off that what the body should go for, mind you it does need to come with the box and manual all that good stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts