The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly got a red lense for my flash light and was checking out my tank after the lights went out. I saw lots of interesting things that I never new happened. My eel was laying on top of the lr and just waiting for some food. I noticed that I have more than one sally light foot and then there were the worm looking things. They ranged from little bitty to around an inch or longer. It was quite interesting to look through the tank . I am glad that people here talked about it and gave me the idea.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I beleave they a bristle worms and now I'm wondering if its normal to have them all over the place when the lights go iff. I meen there are prolly well over a hundred that I can see and who knows how many I can't see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Night is great in the tank. I finally found a use for my night-vision goggles. Fire up the infared illuminator, and you can get a real nice view at night.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Same here, I got a new digital camera yesterday and it has a built in night vision setting. Kind of cool... so all kinds of things at night...

-Paul

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
mnreefman said:
geoff what exactly are the swimming worms, i have these very interesting, what are they?
i have no idea, i was hoping to ask the next person who has them.:D i think they are just another species of polychaete(sp?).

G~

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
Check out these critters I snapped last night. The larger one is fatter then a finger :eek:

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
:bigeek: GGEEEUUUYAAACHHH......I know their helpful and all but.....makes my skin crawl seeing ones that big!!! :D

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Yeah, I moved mine last night from the 55 to the 125... Used a paper cup and a pair of aquarium tongs... :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen no extremely large ones but I did see a couple of the swimming ones and sorry I have no clue what they are either. I saw so many different things but wasn't able to realy go into detail last night and now I sorta forget alot. The one thing I wanted to ask how ever was do clowns normaly swim straight up and down during the night?

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Clowns do the vertical swim/float thing. First time I saw that I tought it was dead. They have been doing it now for over 2.5 years so I think it's normal

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Oh wow! I haven't seen my clown do that up and down thing. I'll keep a watch out for it.

The night was sure really neat to watch. Whole new world in there then. Bob- what a neat picture. Gives me the shivvers to though ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I know what you mean.....after my first "look" at night......I started wearing latex gloves whenever going in the tank......Call me a wuss:eek: :eek:

My Clowns put themselves up against the overflow and just "stick" to it at night.....I also thought they were dead the first time I saw it......but they just like to sleep there......:funny: :funny:

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Mine like to "host" to old clam shells embedded in some LR....

They burrow down for the night in the crevices....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have to little "doctor fish" Dunno what they are, they are blue and very tinny and attach to other fish to eat of bugs. I have one that likes to swim INSIDE and attach to the exaust of my powerheads. Untill it clicks on and blows him out, they are on about 3 mintues cycles. After it turns off , he will go back in and repeat. It'd funny watching a fish shoot out a powerhead. Dumb fish. dumb dumb dumb, but funny. he used to prefer attaching between the glass and rubber suction cup on my heater, but it's moved to the sump. so no he's go for the powerheads.

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
:funny: :funny: :funny: That's a riot, dotel!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts