The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am looking to add night lights to my aquarium. I'm running 2 36" t-5 coralife units right now. Looking for suggestions. Maybe stunner strips? Blue LED? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Got any more info? Tank size, corals, budget?

·
Registered
204 Posts
This: http://www.petco.com/product/121217/Aqueon-Flex-LED-Bubble-Wand-for-Aquariums.aspx

I have it in my 40g freshwater guppy tank. It makes a nice bubble curtain and the blue LEDs light it up nicely. If you've got 2 36's then you prolly have a 6foot tank? You may want two of these then, one for each side.

P.S. You can use it without the bubble strip, it just slips off the clips like the LED strip does.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 125 gallon tank. Just basic softies right now (kenyatrees, cabbage, polyps, etc). These are just what popped up on the live rock I purchased. I am planning on adding new softies in the near future. I really like the look of the night lights on the corals and fish. Don't really have a budget in mind but don't want to buy a whole new lighting system either. So any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
If it's for coral look for moonlights instead of just a night lights it should be 970 nm - 980nm. if you just want to look in and not disturb anything then a red light(they don't see red).

·
Registered
36 Posts
http://www.marineland.com/Products/aquarium-aeration/led-bubble-wands.aspx I've used this minus the plastic tube for bubbles its at the top right side of my tank an just where the water meets the surface make the hole tank light up (75g). if I remember ill post a picture but any basic pet store will carry them or could bring them it as long as they carry marine land products works great and I have it hooked up to my DA reef keeper to turn on when the lights go off and then turn off at 10pm usually when everyone goes to sleep!! its defiantly a great feature to have!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts